World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
comfort food? and advice?

hey guys, i know i've been a lurker and sometimes poster, sometimes letting out too much, but this group has always made me feel comfortable. i'm feeling some major issues with a squatter roommate that i feel stupid for letting her in my home but i honestly was trying to be there for her while she got on her feet. not knowing she had no intentions on doing so. my husband has so much on his plate that she is one of his minor worries but it is twisting me up inside because i can feel an evil aura. she even tried to keep my fairy oracle cards! i went into her room and took them back but do you think they are tainted now? i just have that feeling.

any advice?

renee'

Re: comfort food? and advice?

Wow.. I wish I could help, but i'm generally not good in those types of situations. If I think of anything later though, I'll be sure to post.
*sending good energy your way*
~*Kylie*~

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

Fruit is best comfort food, it engerizes you which will give the strenght to deal with this person. Anyone who steals from you while your helping them, does not want help so will never obtain being able to stand on there own. You and your husband need to ask firmly that this person leave. Do it togather.
My blessings be with you

I have "cleansed" my cards a few times. I have used the smoke of sage to clear any negative energies which they maybe holding onto. Also some visualisation can help recharge them too. imagine something like that you are breathing in a bright light, and exhale this same light, and make sure you exhale over the cards, so the light goes where it is intended. Hope that helps, and I do think you need to set boundaries with your housemate, and what is/is not tolerated. Give her a timeframe for her to get on her feet perhaps?

Simple...get a lock on your bedroom door. Some people just can't be trusted. If she still is a pain to live with, kick her out. I had to do that with this guy who lived with me for various reasons. He would steal my money out of my coin dish in my car right in front of me. When I tried to get it back and tell him to stop doing that, he'd just say, "technically, it's not money...it's just change." So I started putting it into the trunk when he rode in the car so he couldn't get to it...my purse too!

You could let me kick her out. lol I don't believe that Oracle cards have to be cleansed. They are guided by a higher force and that higher force can not be "tainted". But if she is nasty, get her the heck out. If she wont respect you, you don't owe her anything. You were trying to be most kind and she used that by taking your cards! You are a total blue (aura). lol

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Did you set expectations with her when she moved in? As in, you can be here for one month while you get your feet back under you?

If you haven't, DO IT NOW! It's your house. Decide what you will and will not tolerate, tell her, then expect her to abide by that. If she doesn't, kick her out.

And busy or not, I'm sorry, but you need to discuss what your expectations with your husband and make sure he'll back you up.

As for the cards, they aren't tainted. Hold them, play with them, apologize to them for their little misadventure, welcome them back, and get back to using them.

thank you so much for everyone's advice! , you don't know how much it means to me. i played with the cards and gave myself a 3 card reading, very interesting. card one: reverse ta'om, card two: upright sylvanius, card three: gawtcha. WOW.

even though i'm not good at confrontations, i agree that a timeframe must be set with her and my husband needs to back me up. i've started having conversations about it with him but i need to pace myself with him. i'm thinking, since she moved in feb. 1st then approach her with feb. 1st as a more than reasonable move out, almost like a year lease? and its after the holidays.

Holding and touching the cards again helped alot. and i do plan on trying the sage burning light also orna, thank you for that suggestion.
and alex, lol, thanks for the back up girlfriend.

i do have something good to look forward to and that is that i'm taking a trainride and going to spend the weekend with my cousin/best friend. she lives out in the country and it is always the best of times when i am with her. something i really need.

renee'

Hey, glad to hear that. Confrontation is hard, but don't think of it has something conflictural. Think of it as a positive ... as in taking control of your life and environment.

And when Gawtcha shows up, you want to do something before he does it for you! *grin*

Still, all easier said than done, so I'm monitoring this thread if you want to more moral support *smile*

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis