World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Confused??? Does anyone know!

Greeting everyone hey something happend in my room about a month ago. I was in there listening to music and dancing when I twirled around to face the t.v .
I had only one lamp on without the shade and I saw something in the screen. (the tv was off at the time) It looked like someone was on the otherside of my bed by the bookshelf.
I stood there frozen in shock and couldn't move.

I just stepped kept staring at the screen I wanted to turn around to look, but I couldn't get my eyes off the screen...I'm not sure if I gasped or not...it surprised the crap out of me though! I couldn't be sure if the figure was standing or kneeling, but the upper torso and arms I could see. It looked like it was wearing a white dress and the head was covered with a white fabric. I think it may have been it's hair to, it was weird looking .

Anyway I couldn't make out any facial features, but it had brown skin not normal brown skin an akward color. It wasn't like mine or anyone else's I'd ever seen. Maybe the closet description would be mocha, bog brown, or deer brown maybe???
It 's head seemed a little big, but after looking I could decipher eyes and they were closed. It looked asleep or like it was meditating. Then out of no where it's eyes slid open like slits. They were almond shaped and as they opened I'd paniced.
I know I gasped then, everything just got crazy after that. You know like reality decided to waver a bit and you feel like your coming undone. THAT type of thing like the frequency changed or something.
When the eyes were fully opened there was no pupil nothing just light. It's eyes were flaring a strange electric white light. Even in the screen It looked like it was looking at me.
I was about to inhale to scream, but my throat started to constrict and I felt like I could breathe.
Like the air was snatch right from me. I was slightly gasping like I was stuck in the process of inhaling, but couldn't. It seemed to be suffocating me by looking at me!! Just as quickly as it happend, it was over. I inhaled with a high gasp and it was gone.

That was the most freakiest experience I have EVER had! I contemplated on it after it was over, then left the room. I'm not sure if I was in shock or what.
But something just tried to suffocate me or give me a warning or what!!?
What did I do wrong??
lol if anyone believes this tell me what you think and what was it if anyone knows? My room is like the twilight zone I swear...
Ja Ne

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Re: Confused??? Does anyone know!

I wouldn't be too worried. Usually when on your own ground, stuff cant affect you as much. I'm guessing that the "out of breath" thing was just your mind being so overwhelmed that you forgot how to breath (kinda like a panic attack) Similar things have happened to me.lol
I'm guessing that you saw whatever it was' true form (cuz you saw it through reflection)It might not have looked the same or been as scary if you had turned around. ^^
Hope that helps!
~*Kylie*~
PS. sometimes my room is like the twilight zone too.lol

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

yup, definitely faerie. Sometimes I think that we accidentally see them when they don't want us to. It sounds like that one had let her guard down, not realising that you could see her!

I had that happen to me- I was going through some paperwork, sitting across from my TV set- it was off- and when I happened to look up I saw a tall, lanky male figure (he was dark with light clothes- very monochrome) walk across my room- he was slowly pacing- in the reflection (behind my reflection). I was home alone. Needless to say, it was very frightening. I didn't turn around to see if I could see him behind me, but slowly got up and left the room. I always assumed it was a ghost!

Thanks for the replies Tink and Amara! Yeah I thought it was faery at first, but it was just freaky. I probably did panic then. She didn't seem to keen on me seeing her. I'm not sure why I reacted that way. I mean I've seen fae before and I should be use to it by now, but it still surprises the crap out of me.
lol oh well!

Hey missy that's a bit spooky. I'd rather see fae,then ghost in the first place. Ghost are a bit too creepy an you would think we'd have more in common with ghost then fae since they use to be human. But anyway thank you for replying! That was kinda sweet though you saw a monochrome spirit, it makes you think if they are fashion conscious.
lol see-ya!

@Bree - I have to disagree. Ghosts aren't creepy, nor scary. Perhaps some, but I have had very positive experiences with ghosts.

@Everyone - interesting categorical statement that the sighting was a faerie. Why? Could have been a faerie, or a ghost, or a psychic memory of the room.

As for the feeling of not being able to breathe, I would say it was a shock reaction. I have been shocked by very earthly things and haven't been able to breathe.

Urban thanks for your opinion true all ghost aren't creepy, but I rather not run into them too much. It's not that I dislike them; they just un-nerve me more.

As for why I thought the entity was fae well that's the vibe that came off. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a ghost I haven't seen many around my house. I would definitely known by now. My sister thinks she saw one night, but it was a elder more modern gentlemen.
Plus I don't think that a ghost of someone formerly living would look like the one I seen. You know the feeling of something that has never been human.
As for the room impression I've been here for almost 9 years. I definitely know how wacked out my room is.
And for all the things I've experienced if it was a impression that usually occurs when I'm sleeping. That's the only time I'm ultra sensitive and open ~unwillingly~. Cause most of the time I try to shield out the events when I'm awake. Besides I've been seeing fae for a while now and they are keen on their privacy...just not so much on mine though.

See-ya

Well of course you panicked, and I don't blame you! Many times we want to see the fae, but if we ever got what we asked for, we'd still flip because it's just not part of our Norm. You probably spooked her as much as she spooked you! She probably was just chillin' listening and watching you sing and dance. So few humans do that anymore just for fun.
You probably couldn't breathe just because it shocked you so much. I did something similar when I saw a ghost right in front of my face! But now I am used to seeing them, as well as little flickers of fae, but I've never seen anything like you've seen! What a wonderful and strange thing!

I know Kuja I always wanted to see the fae, but when you read myth and stories about them I kinda chicken out you know. I'm like I don't want to disturb them if they don't want to be disturbed...It was a really hyper sensitive experience for me. I guess she's sort of like my faerie guide then. Like when I use my froud tarot somehow the 0 card always flips out, pops up, or glides out. That's more then just a coincidence you know for it to be happening more ghen once. So I think I'm going draw her on the 0 card since I had not a clue what my guide looks like or want. It's connected to a much bigger story that's too long to type. Cause recently there's a lot of weird stuff going on in my house. Not that I mind... my family does though.
As for seeing a ghost up close that's fascinating and really brave. I would have fainted.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis