World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help me with hatred! Please do something...

Alright, so I don't know where you all stand on gay rights. I personally am not gay, but I believe everyone is equal. I watching a video of Ellen Degeneres and this young gay boy (age 13) who was shot and killed by a young man of the same age that he had asked to be his valentine. Now the comments on the video are rough. There is really nasty language on there. I'll admit, I've used it out of rage towards these other people. But there are individuals on there who are saying gay people should be hung, disected, put in concentration camps, deserve to get AIDS. Three or four in particular. I know this is not the place, but we are all accepting, open minded, loving people on here. I am going to include a link to the video. I ask that you please voice an opinion to these TERRIBLE, HATEFUL comments. They are on the first three pages mostly. Also, report the users if you can, I can't seem to figure out how. I am so darn frustrated I can barely see straight for being so mad. PLEASE don't just not do this. Tell them they are wrong!

Thank you so much, Alex

Re: Help me with hatred! Please do something...

You didn't include the link, sweetie. ...I'm almost glad, because I really don't want to even read that kind of trash if I can help it.

lol sorry. I am so mad right now I can't remember things! I can't help it. I try and ignore them and I know they are somewhere, saying nasty, hateful, stupid things and I just have to say something! Someone has to challenge them! They might have the right to say it, but not without one heck of a fight from me. Sometimes I loathe people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcMEL3_YsVI

Have you heard the old saying about arguing with idiots? "They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."

I've never heard it. But it seems there are an awful lot of them out there. I mean, I encounter them ALL THE TIME. I mean when I hear people saying gay people should be put in concentration camps...I swear I would probably strangle them if we were face to face.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Alex

Abraham has something to say about gay rights on his website...I just watched it a few days ago and it made me feel good!
http://www.lawofattractioninteraction.com/Gay_Rights_LawofAttraction_Videos.php

It may not help a lot with the hatred but it gives you a different perspective (which is what I go to Abraham for anyways)

Be well

I don't understand why people get so worked up over something THAT DOSEN'T HURT ANYBODY!!! These are usually the same types who also say ufo abductees and anyone who's seen a ghost/fairy/angel or has psychic abilities should be stoned or put in concentration camps. It's the witch hunts all over again.

I can't stand that sort of thing. I have family members who are gay. They've let me into their home before, and proved completely that they would be competent parents, aside from loving people. Ach! Everyone's entitled to an opposing opinion, but sometimes people are such idiots.

I can empathize with your anger because though I'm not gay, I could never understand why some people have such hate-bordering on demonic- towards people who are bisexual.

The problem with our World is that we humans need to learn the meaning of "live and let live" and we need to know how unselfish true love actually is. It is Loving our fellow man in spite of anything we don't agree with, because he is a creation from God and worthy of our love.

My favorite quote is from Mother Teresa... "It is better to love than to be right" Not to say anyone is wrong, but that it is better to forget proving our need to be "right" and just LOVE !

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

I can empathize with your anger because though I'm not gay, I could never understand why some people have such hate-bordering on demonic- towards people who are bisexual.

I also meant to say..homosexual as well as bisexual.

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

Hi Alex,
my response is more to help you with your other post about depression than with this.
I have not gone to the link you sent me, i dont think i need to. partly, because i dont want to get riled up right now, especially as i cant do anything to change their views.
and i'm really sorry if this soundspatronising, i swear its meant sincerely. If your a depressed and angry person, whilst we shouldnt stay ignorant to such behavour else we might learn to accept such abhoric people, if you are of a fragile mood, dont go and see things if you can help it that will make you feel worse.
I miss a lot of good movies, because i know i will leavethe cinema feeling very low, upset, depressed, more than other people would after seeing a serious, depressing movie. i may watch themoccasionally, but only when i know my mood is up enough to cope with it. if i'm in a really good mood, i definately wont watch them because it will bring me down, and i appreciate all the ups i can get! (emotionally i mean!)
so. as with the guy i was recently seeing said, he keeps thinking about things, and feeling guilty for things he has no power over, he cant do anything about it. (for example the native american genicide) that is a subject i feel very stongly about also, but whereas he feels guilty for being a white Brit, i try to see it from the victims side, and feel their sadness and sympathise.i try really hard not to focus into anger (mainly because apart from the american government, i'd have to put part of the anger onto myself! and this is giving me a headache just trying to explain it, and i'm rambling on also. sorry!)
SO. in short. this stuff on youtube is discusting behavour, and is unacceptable. but its not your war, and you need to focus on yourself right now. go watch something that will make you feel better instead (even if on a purely material shallow level. not everything has to be a spiritual gain)
sorry for going on!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis