World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ever feel like you thinking or feeling too much hurts you?

As it says, do you ever feel like you think or feel to much and it tormets you?

I do, I do both and it hurts A LOT. So does being conscience about many things. River Phoenix once said "Sometimes I wish I wasn't so conscience." I know why, it hurts.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Re: Ever feel like you thinking or feeling too much hurts you?

I am very very sensitive to things...I can't go into a supermarket without feeling overwhelmed and somewhat disgusted (by the products sold, the lighting, and the people) I feel like I'm walking around in a bad dream a lot of times. Sometimes I just want to weep at what we are doing to the planet...I pick up trash everytime I go to the beach (much to my BF's dismay) but there is always more. I worry about recycling...and the people over in china (or where ever) that melt down the plastics to be recycled exposing themselves to harsh chemicals...what is the right thing to do??? how do you avoid all the harsh stuff? and at what cost to others?
I want to go live in the hills but then I worry about the impact I would have on those hills. Everything is so stretched out already. I try to buy natural organic stuff but those companies are all being bought up by big corporations...and then the quality isn't there anymore (Tom's of Maine for example).

I've been really lucky in the jobs I've had in that they allow me to be the way I am but now I'm looking for a new job and I'm worried about my sensitivity. A friend wants me to work with her at the courthouse but I don't know if I can (it's attached to the jail and it just feels so oppressive...I can't imagine myself going to work there everyday)
Sorry for complaining so much...I don't even know if this was what you had meant...LOL I guess I just needed to get it out.

I think I need to toughen up...

I have look into the empathy of the new age we are going through, the emotions of self is a biggest part of it so if you feel hurt or want to cry over something that upsets you then don't feel alone there a billions of people that want to cry with you. The whole human race is changing and becoming more aware of the world around them and things that were once hidden will becoming back in focus when we are ready for them
Blessings Ban-croih

Favorite Froud Book? all

Feeling and thinking deeply can be torture when life is bad or times are hard. Every downing thought or bad feeling gets amplified to an exhausting point.

But I believe it works both ways. That keen sensitivity is the same thing that lets us see and feel beauty, happiness, magic, and other good things more vibrantly.

I've been having some rought times lately; a friend cheerfully encouraged me to keep my chin up. It's a simple phrase but it worked wonders for me when put to use. I'll pass that pearl of warm wisdom to you, Alex. I like to think that the chin houses our spirits.

"The whole human race is changing and becoming more aware of the world around them and things that were once hidden will becoming back in focus when we are ready for them"

Well said, mick!

Alex, Your human and your going to have such feelings, you need to act upon them and make a differance. I myself do volunteer work at a mens homeless shelter and my girlfriend does work for animal shelter. We're both very busy during the week with our own jobs, but several hours each weekend makes us appericate what we have and what we can give.

Hey Alex yeah it does seem like I burden to be so conscious and actually have feelings; because so many these days don't feel a thing. I mean isn't that what it means to be human you have feelings, you cry, to smile, you laugh, you get sad, and you get angry. We're changeable we are not a dull lot.
There so much to experience we have such short lives I mean 100 yrs. isn't enough and most of us don't even reach that. More often now at days it seems if your not sarcastic or negative about something or someone then something is wrong with you. If your genuinely happy, love life, the enviornment and anything that doesn't revolve around gossip, scandel, or money your a pariah. Does anyone understand me or am I ranting?? lol sorry.

I'm not going to lie I don't like big crowds, sometimes I look at desolate places and I'm close to tears, when I look at my enviornment and how we live like nothing else exist and we are the center of our world I feel like we have a lot to pay for. Don't you just get mellow/depressed for no reason?
Like ADHD they say thats a problem...um..why!!
People being bouncy, asking questions, children actually being children psh.
I'm am hoping for a more open minded future, but...if you ever seen the movie Momentum then you'll know what I mean. That's a stretch, but not that far though...

Nice topic Alex I'm depressed now lol

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

I'm afraid I don't feel that they are changing or opening. I'm encountering more and more close minded people. I was sitting in the car in the parking lot of wal mart while my mom and aunt were in there. There is something half dead about the people walking by, all the same in some way. We later went to the bank, only my aunt went in so again, I stayed in the car. I had the window down and I observed...I swear to you, the same tone (if they said anything), same look on their faces, similar clothing. They look and it feels like they are on co pilot. I HATE let me repeat that I HATE cars, cement, buildings, houses and large numbers of people. I can't explain the feeling, but I feel so dead, so sick in the city or not even a city, but a place with many streets, highways, cars etc. It just seems like they aren't asking about anything more. I like very few humans, I don't like being around them, I don't like talking to them, I don't like what they do, I don't like how they feel and this might sound crazy, I hate how they smell. They smell like perfume and hairspray and I get headaches from those smells. I don't like how they talk. Most things I don't like about them NOW MAYBE some of you are surrounded by people you think are wonderful and open minded and progressive and that's great. But I don't like them. I might sound like a grouch, I can't help it. I meet some people I like, rarely, people without the wall up, that ask questions, that aren't cheesy and fake AND don't smell like chemicals.
Now I talk to a lot of people about how I feel, they can't comprehend it. I once had a conversation with my mom and she said "Don't you ever get tired from thinking that much?" YES! ALL THE TIME! I also was in a crowded room and I just said "Who are all of you? Really, Who are you?" They laughed and said they didn't feel like talking about that. Then looked at me like I was an alien. Mind you, this was all family and step family. I was tired of the idle chatter and wanted something deeper and that's what I got. It is a certain energy they all have.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Hi Alex..quickly and simply....they are asleep and you are at least partially awake...you aren't alone....tho it feels like it from your view point.
No chemicals here...I promise!
You need to move out of the city...that's what I did and I feel so much better here.
Find a place that sings to you and go there! That is what I did 11 years ago (with $100 in my pocket and no plan) and I feel so much healthier and happier than I ever did in the smoky over crowded So cal desert.
That's all I can say.
Take care of yourself!

...yup. And you're not alone: 60% of people have some sort of perfume allergy, it's surprisingly common in spite of how much of that crap people sell/buy in _everything_. Ah, the great problem - is it worse to be too closed or too open? Nearly every time I go under an old overpass it reminds me of old world architecture and the fleetingness of the human race in the face of time. I once wrote this on the sidewalk in front of the art building at my college and I'll say it again: "What a beautiful reality you all make!"

Tink,

I do somewhat believe we make our own reality, I'm trying to focus on my own life's reality though. My dream is to move out in the middle of nowhere, buy hundreds of acres and not have to be around people. I'm not trying to be a downer when I say this, I would rather be closed off, but that's hard to do when you're always around people. So as I said, I would rather be by myself in nature, with specific people around only.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Dear Alex,

I know what you mean. I was actually thinking just earlier today that I really would like to be by myself for awhile, away from all the people around me, because it can get very depressing.

I sometimes feel like other people rob me of all the joy and magic in my life by CONSTANTLY telling me I am ridiculous and childish and always off in a dream world "that doesn't exist!" If I had a dollar for every time someone told me to get back to reality, I would be rich! I know that the things I hold dear to me are part of my own heart, and theoretically, no one should be able to take them from me, but it does get a bit disheartening to constantly be told I am wrong about everything.

One day I also hope to live in the country (preferrably the wilderness actually), with very few people around and close to all the things in nature (and of course the faeries) that I love so much.

I'm sorry that I have just sort of complained and not really offered any advise or anything... it's just that I fully agree with you on this, I find myself in quite the same situation. I guess that you just have to try think more on good things and do what you can to reverse the bad things in the world. No one person is going to be able to save the world, but every little bit helps.

Best wishes,
Kimberley

I get sensitive in really old places with a lot of tragic history or hospitals where people have been in a lot of pain and/or died. I get overwhelmed and can have panic attacks. Wish I knew how to make myself stronger and block enough of it out where it's not so strong. Like a sponge, I tend to absorb the emotions of others, both good and bad. It gets even scarier when images go along with the feelings. But yeah, I get what you're saying though. In general, I'm conscious of everything too, and sensitive because I think/feel too much myself. At least I can say I'm never bored.

yup. Any suggestions?

Suggestions about what, Tink?

-Good Thoughts, Alex

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis