World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Not everyone is made of plastic

TOOT YOUR OWN HORN! I would like to hear about the good stuff people are doing, many of you claim to have faerie blood, but for what purpose, what good, if we don't help others. I myself work at a men's homeless shelter, I mention this not to brag, but too let you know there are good people out there, please share with me the good that you do, so this world dosn't seem so grey and we hunger for some other magic world. Please, don't take this post the wrong way, I just need to know that people care. Even the smallest deed may be a mountain to another. Whatever it was, whatever it is you do, tell us, so we may thank you. Many of you I assume, think your 'different" and feel that you've been judged. Let me just say this, don't judge those you think are plastic shallow people, be smarter then that. I wish everyone the best, let's practice what we preach, Don't only be true to yourself, but be true, kind and caring to others. With love, Morning Grey

Re: Not everyone is made of plastic

Well, a few years ago I brought a bag of groceries to a single mother and her kids who lost their house in a fire and had to live in a motel. Best feeling I ever had to make her life a little easier! I need to do things like that more often. And when I go to Portland Oregon and walk around town I give money to bums because I feel sorry for them and think I might be the only one helping because nobody else wants to.

Thanks for sharing Kelli, that is awsome!

what a great idea! Thank you Morning Grey...
Well I currently work in a little metaphysical bookstore and my awesome boss has given me the leeway to do whatever I feel needs to be done to help customers on their paths. My favorite feeling is when someone comes in feeling lost and I can validate their experiences and encourage them to delve deeper into their own understanding. It is such a blessing to watch people grow and expand! Sometimes people come in that have been battered by the world, I let them hang out, soak up the vibes, I'll play the crystal bowls for them and let them pick out a stone to take home. Or if there is a book that someone really needs (it does happen) and they can't afford it I will loan it to them (the book ALWAYS gets returned!).
I feel like I'm constantly giving and receiving little blessings.
I used to give money/food to the homeless but I had a few get too clingy and kind of creepy so I've stopped doing that....maybe if I go to another town I'll do it again!

I take dog treats to the local humane society every year for christmas. But, might I ask, who ever said they have fairy blood on here or said they are different?

-Good Thoughts, Alex

i havent been able to do it lately but i have visited sick children in the hospital in my fairy-wear, to bring cheer. i donated to the red cross today, they were having a celebrity gift wrapping at a local dept store and i donated in order to have some gifts wrapped. also tossed change into a sal val bucket. my son and i will be voluntering for bellringing for sal val on monday (hes got an obsession with bells and i think it will be a good learning experience for him)...

Favorite Froud Book? faeries

I appreciate your post.. It's true.

I've been compelled to pick up trash along the roadsides this Summer, and have found opportunities to give away old clothes to a family who lost their home in a fire.

I also was given opportunites to help save some turtles from getting hit by a car, and saving some baby maple trees from being killed, ... Potting them in potting soil and giving them to people for their yards. What really makes me happy about that is one woman I was led to give a maple tree to tells me the tree is doing really great.. and has gotten much bigger. She planted it in her yard, and it would have been tossed in the trash otherwise.

I made a fairies garden this Summer, and have learned a new appreciation for gardening and keeping native wild plants in my yard.

My fairy encounter has also encouraged me to tend to the wild birds in my area as well, and make sure they have treats during our harsh Winter months.

These things I have done are not because I' am some kind of interdimensional saint. It is just the result of an encounter with someone from another realm that changed my life forever.

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

What are some organizations that you guys like to do stuff with or for (if any?) I'll second that people are not my forte..."and yet, we are loath to do without them." I've been going a little stir crazy of late and itching to use my problem solving skills (no more homework to artificially give me a chance to use them anymore)

Wow, there's more good out there then I think some people expected, thanks too everyone, please keep sharing

Hey Tink!
Are you looking for a cause? LOL I used to work for Californians for Alternatives to Toxics (http://www.alternatives2toxics.org/) so I still go and do things for them. I help annually with the Organic Planet Festival that they put on here locally

I'm sure there are worthwhile organizations where you live that you can put your energy into....we always welcomed people coming in and offering to volunteer at the office, there is never a shortage of work. :)

On my case almost everyone at work knows I'm wiccan and I love to read tarot.

One day I had a beautiful reading and at the end the girl tryed to pay me 5 euros and I refused. "Why?", she asked. And I answered: this magical gift (tarot reading) was given to me freely by Isis (my goddess) and I give you as a gift, no money intented.

She was so glad that I was honest and she thanked me for doing this, since she said she went to those tv readers and they charged a fortune!

Then I comment about the Fairy Oracle and how do I use it daily, etc, and I was explaining the way a read and I spread the cards, with no intentions, really and I got one as example and, guess what card shown up?? Honesty!!!! We both laughed, amazed of what happened!!!

Back home, at the end of the journey, I felt so happy that I gave a coin to a musician on the subway who was playing a very beautiful xmas song with his violine. I felt even more happy since no one do this anymore...

I wish I always have coins to give them... Thanks for reading!

Favorite Froud Book? So hard to decide

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis