World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parents... help.

Right, those who know me, may or may not understand.
I have spoken about a guy (Mug) whom I still very much care about on here. and we have split up becuase I went to Uni. and for christmas we are meeting up in London and wanting to stay the night before we go and see Spamalot the next day.

However, I know my parents will make a huge fuss over this, as I have already asked if he could stay the night to which they have not made a discision, and Mug would like to know so he knows whether or not he should book.

AND my cousins are too arriving in London from Australia the day of our outing which we didn't know til a couple of days ago! And have booked our tickets to go see Spamalot! But Mug shall be going back home that Evening! ergh Sorry So I shall see them!

My Mother tis also at the stage of Menopause and anything that tis said she takes it the wrong way every time.
My Dad tisn't too keen on Mug, and ye hasn't, for the first time, made the effort to get to know him.

I have also started Uni. and back for the holidays. And have been more inderpendated that I have ever been. and Loving it!
I'm now 20 and he tis 25.

I shall admit, I may be over exaggerating this! and may be all okay. even though they may not be too keen.

But I hate being tored between people I care about.

It too, doesn;t help that my sister can now, not live without her boyfriend and hasn't come home! I ahve only seen her twice over the whole weekend, for less that 5 hours. And tis miserable as anything.

I don't want to cause anymore trouble. I feel like crying and screaming. I love them all so much. I don't know what to do!

I mean, My plan tis: To tell my parents what is happening before I go to the shops. and let them think it over the day. But make it clear that I can be sensible and I am no longer a child anymore (as in, the way I say it to them that tis.) and that I can learn from my mistakes. I have managed without him well enough, and if no longer can make anything work. so be it. I can keep on going on my own, I have enough people and self belief to be happy.

ergh, whoever tis brave enough to read this, should have a medal!

-xXXX@XXXx-

Favorite Froud Book? all of them

Re: Parents... help.

My dear,

My whole family is after me. I have people attacking me from all sides. It's not an easy thing at all. I would suggest letting your friend know he needs to book (a hotel?). That way the peace is kept and everyone is settled.

You're parents may be controlling, I've learned that A LOT of people are.

When my family starts handing it out, I just remind myself that one day I will be a great success. I know it is very angering.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Thank you. I did eventually just tell them, I just wanted to know if it twas olkay with him staying and if not. Were staying in London. And we did!
I had the most wonderful time, and shall never forget it.

-xXXX@XXXx-

Favorite Froud Book? all of them

Am glad it worked out well for you. People do tend to treat us, as we allow them to. Through open communication, it is my experience, people gain more respect for you, even if they don't always like what you have to say. Families can be the hardest to do this with, especially when it comes to setting boundaries, as they have become accustomed to the "old" us, and very often can see the change as personal affront.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis