World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
And speaking of drama (is it contagious or what?)

*sigh* I will be shortly losing my job due to a very complicated problem at work. What are some good U.S. jobs (just specifying because I know we're spread out) that have quick full-coverage benefits including pre-existing conditions that you could just walk into? I'm ready to try to get in just about anywhere at this point because I literally can't survive financially without insurance. Any ideas? I'm going to continue campusing around where I live. I don't drive at this point, either, but I do have a Bachelor of Arts degree.

Re: And speaking of drama (is it contagious or what?)

Sorry to hear that, it's a bad time in America to be without a job. They've been really tight everywhere lately. What's your BA in,Tink?

Tink
Check with your county...I know here that they are almost always hiring for something. My county has a website that shows all the jobs available and you can post your resume online with them and tag preferences....I bet your county has something similar. (You want the personnel dept.)
it would be a good, pretty secure job that has benefits (but pay is usually pretty low, at least here)
I'm in the same boat as you...my job is going away and that is a tip I've gotten twice lately...thought I'd pass it on.
Best of luck to you!

B.A. in Music - doesn't help much, does it?

Not a bad idea about the county but I know one of them around here is about to start laying off, too, but I don't remember offhand if it was Denver or Jefferson. Something to look into.

LOL
a BA in Music helps just about as much as a BA in Anthropology (which is what I have)....
all it says is "I know how to jump thru hopes and can take instruction and learn stuff"

You could be a music teacher for developmentally disabled people...I know a woman that does that with her art degree...she loves it.

Oh my,anthro...I've been warned against that one more than once. That and physchology.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis