World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Heartbreak

What do you do when your heart is breaking? Any good suggestions out there.

Favorite Froud Book? deleted

Re: Heartbreak

I write. Especially poetry- it doesn't matter how it sounds to other people when finished.

I know it's not much help, but I often have felt that my heart is constantly breaking. I just don't let it anymore, I can't or it would literally kill me. So I just can't. I have to grasp onto my dreams with both hands and focus on how great it will be...because I'll MAKE IT.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

You allow yourself to really feel it. Don't be afraid of it. Have a really good wallow and a full blow pity party for one. Then you slowly gather your strength and join life again.

The heart is an amazing thing. It always heals. And it always goes onto love again.

I cry and cry...until there are no more tears, then I do whatever I need to feel better. Love myself somehow....I know that I am really the only person out there that really has any stake in what happens to me...so I reclaim myself, maybe weave something, write/collage something, go wander thru my neighborhood bookshop...do the things that I feel them most ME while doing...(does that make sense at all?). Then I'll go home have another break down, cry some more, break a few choice things and do it all over again....
sometimes cleaning helps...keeping the hands/body busy...depends on the sort of heartbreak

best of luck...be gentle with yourself for awhile

I allow myself to feel the emotions, despite how uncomfortable it is, as through trying to ignore them etc, gives the emotions more power, and if I don't allow myself to feel them, they will only come out in one way or another at some point, so is important to allow all emotions come through. However, it is also an important time for self care - this could be going for a walk, having a bubble bath etc. Take care of you.

DeeDee,

I'm sorry for your heartbreak.

Whenever I have had this happen, I indulge myself with about 10 minutes (or however long I feel I'll need) of absolute, abject sorrow. I cry and cry, until I feel like it's out of my system. Then I try and write about it in my journal or through poetry or talking to a friend. Walking or just being out in nature helps those wounds too. Most importantly, I always try to remember that this is only one bump on the journey through life and although some bumps hurt much worse than others, they all lead us to our next big adventure.

Much love and blessings,
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis