World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pagan discrimination on youtube

There is a fellow on youtube named Nathan. Nathan has several accounts on youtube. He is a Christian Fundamentalist. Meaning, he holds no respect for other religions and tells them constantly that they are wrong, are going to hell and should believe as he does. He has threatened to stone a woman I subscribe to (bluefirewitch). He has threatened to get the pagans, satanists etc. kicked off of youtube. He has succeeded.
There was recently a debate between Nathan and Bluefirewitch on Saphrachat. Everyone present (including a christian and atheist mod) agreed that bluefirewitch won the debate. He has even attacked his fellow christians because he felt they were not christian enough due to the fact they aren't the fire and brimstone type.
Recently Nathan got one of the mods of the debate suspended from youtube. He is succeeding in his threats.
The man he got kicked off is called Tannhaus.

Here is the video explaining...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn8JGb_05D4&feature=channel

Here is his website...

http://www.moderngnosis.org

Here is a petition to correct this.
http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?YTreldis&1

I hope you will help and spread the word.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Re: Pagan discrimination on youtube

a pagan is discribed as someone who is godless, self-discribed pagans tend to be wiccans. Are they truly then if they have a god and goddess? The guy is just looking for a fight, if he wants pagans off youtube, then you try to remove christans. But keep this is in mind, a great denfense is a better offense. And the world turns. There is sooo much more for people to be concered about, the homeless, the Gaza strip, the shrinking ice shelf, etc.
What I'm trying to say is, and no offense to my pagan friends, this lack of education, this treatment of others, will also continue, it went on before us and will go on way after we're gone. Make the best of your own life and the ones that you touch.
Morning Grey has finally gone off on his own rent, and most likely ticked people off, but in truth I wish everyone the best

I'd rather stand up for what I believe in, but thanks anyway.

And how does one fight intolerance? What good will come without forgiving those that you feel have wronged you? Everyone is so quick to be angry at those that have directly offended you. But no one gets angry with themselves, no one looks in the mirror, it's not only acceptance we need to preach, but also the ability to shrug it off. I can't, and people shouldn't waste time with those that don't accept them. Move on or move aside the world continues. I accept this guy for who he is, if nothing else he has added his own personal insight. He's fighting for what he believes in, the same thing you want to do. Its time that people stop worrying waht others think. How about getting concerned about all the skinhead movements, and hate crimes.Are you fighting those to?

Morning Grey,

This man has gotten others kicked off of youtube for what they believe. If you choose to nothing it is your business. But I wont put up with it. I would not stand by while someone was stabbed in the street and I will not stand by while this happens. I put up this post for those who wish to help. I'll respect if you choose not to, but I will fight it. The pagans of youtube and our friends there are fighting it as well. There is a time to be passive and positive and a time to fight for what is right. As Martin Luther King Jr. once said, "The time is always right to do what is right."
Again, I will not sit back and be stepped on.

"The surest way for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."
-Edmund Burke

I agree with what Morning Grey says. A lot of people use the internet to start fights, however it is only, yet another internet site. With the internet, comes freedom of speech. Also, by fighting with people I do not know, it is only wasted energy. People will always clash with their differences - always have, always will - one of the few certainties we have in this life.

YouTube, in general, is a a cesspool full of trolls. Yes, it's fun to watch videos sometimes and give kudos to really good ones.

However, responding to inflammatory comments is pointless and counterproductive, since you're buying in to what they want. The best thing everyone can do is ignore them. That way, they have no fuel. Their purpose is to make people angry, and far too often people take the bait.

It would be best for all those unfortunate enough to be involved to ignore him and go to a better, more respectable video site like Vimeo.

Also, no offense, but someone being stabbed on the street and someone being banned from YouTube are two completely different things. YouTube is hardly essential to life.

If you still choose to continue with this, then I wish you good luck. But don't let it be one of the things that keeps you up at night. This guy is not worth your worry.

Blessings,
Cori

My point was that if someone has something wrong done to them, I will not let it slide. This man was suspended for his religion for pete sake. Again, I came here for help; for voices. If you don't want to, then that's fine.

Again, when a major website unjustly suspends someone who has not broken the rules but rather for being pagan, I get mad. It would not be okay for them to suspend someone for being black. This is not be getting ***** over little youtube squabble; it's about someone being disciminated against. That IS NOT ALRIGHT. It's about not letting those who disciminate get away with it. If people just say "Oh they are just stupid, ignorant people" and walk away, then everything that is wrong is overlooked.
This is not just this man they kicked off for being pagan, it's me and every other pagan. That ticks me off. You must know when to fight and what for. It isn't wise to hang on to every little fight with every idiot out there. But I also don't think it wise to not stand up to an injustice. This was not the user that did the wrong thing, it was the site itself.
All that you would have to do to help is take five minutes to sign a petition, it's not a whole lot of energy spent to stand up for what is right.
Think back to Rosa Parks, her action of simply not getting up. It seems simple, but created a massive impact.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Ooops, they bleeped out my word it wasn't bad. p**sy.

I just realized that my attempt to correct my word turned out badly. lol pi**y.

Soo...has anyone told the people at Witches Voice about this? that would seem like a logical networking place for a protest/petition.
I personally don't frequent youtube that much (I admit I don't spend that much time online really...this is one of a few sites that I check...)
Discrimination is not OK...but I will have to look into the "other side" of it before blindly signing a petition...That's just who I am.

Laiste, I totally understand that. The pagan's name is bluefirewitch and the christian's name is oliviasciptures. Watch both their videos before you sign. I'll talk to them about it at the next meeting.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

Alex, don't mistake a debate for an argument,

Alex, what from of paganism do you practice?

What do you mean by "what from paganism do you practice"? I celebrate the solstices and the equinoxes as well as all pagan holidays (Yule, Samhain, Imolc etc). I do rituals with my coven monthly as well as ones by myself. I worship multiple gods and goddesses.

Also, what do you mean by don't mistake a debate for an argument? Are you talking about the one that was between bluefirewitch and oliviascriptures?

One more thing, even if I weren't a pagan, I would be upset about this and stand up for the pagans. It's not okay for a business or a major website to kick someone off for their belief system.

Hey Alex

It's my first time posting on here. I totally understand where you're coming from. I too am a pagan and what they're doing is deeply insulting and wrong. I can't help but take it personally. It use to be that people would be hanged and burned for having red hair, being left handed, having freckles because people thought they were witches.
I also can't help but think back to the time when millions of pagans were slaughterd, raped and had everything stolen from them. People who are like this surely must still be around today. They will do terrible and unjust things today if they are allowed. Maybe not so extreme as killing; but these people doing this on youtube have the same mentality.
I'm sorry to go on about this, but it really bugs me. I'll sign whatever you guys need me too and let me know if you need my support in any other way. This is no okay.

delphine

What I meant was, are there not different forms of witchcraft, that celebrates and recongizes other holidays then that you mentioned, I'm just trying to understand. Christains have suffered as well. But it seems to me that Christains are the only ones that mission to others, are there pagan groups that help build homes, bring food and water to third world countries?

I've been there, been baited, like Alex is being baited. I understand your righteous anger, Alex, but I also know how futile it is on the internet. Heck, as someone pointed out, it's been going on for as long as history has been recorded - however poorly recorded it was - and yes, change happens when someone steps in... but is the fight worth it?! Is it worth the heartburn and anger, or should it be taken to YOU TUBE instead?

After all, it seems to me, the problem is with You Tube not this lone individual, even if it is being perpetrated by him. You Tube is the one banning videos, silencing freedom of speech. It seems to me that they are the ones you should be working to solve this with, not this lone ranger, this toad, who is fanning the flames of discontent.

It is my humble opinion, that since you feel so strongly about this, then go to you tube, don't bother waisting your time on someone who is a troll. He is sucking your life-energy out with every argument you take part in. I agree with whomever said, that will only fan the flames and give him exactly what he wants.

In fact, maybe you tube is just following suit from some one/thing else?! Think about it, maybe it's not just You tube that is stripping away freedoms - look higher up that pyramid to see who's the one at the top, making it ok to ban words, thoughts, and other freedoms we are losing slowly but surely. If you want a noble fight, look higher up the food chain. You Tube is a symptom of a much bigger problem.

I hope you can find peace within yourself, Alex. I know you've been having a rough go of it lately and I just hope you can start letting your light shine through again. You have changed, but I fear that you've lost your spark. How can we be true pagans when we lose our spark of life? Our joy in the small things and lose sight of our destinies?! Little fights are not a way to get that back. Negative brings negitive and positive brings positive.

Much love,
Your pagan friend,
Dragonfly.

>But it seems to me that Christains are the only ones that mission to others...

Did you LOOK? They're the only ones that call it "missions", and they're relatively zealous both about the concept and proselytizing while doing so. However, pretty much every religion in the world has large charitable organizations involved.

Religion is the root of all evil. Have faith, hope, love... but follow no man/woman. Charity begins at home and in the heart.

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Dragonfly, God created faith, man created regilon.

Alex, I feel as if you are angry with me, please understand that I'm trying to engage in a conversation not an agrument, can't we disagree and still remain friends. It's hard to tell someone's intentions and tone of voice via email. I think your a very bright person. I'm just sharing my point of view.

Dragonfly, sorry I didn;t get a chance to finish my statement, I agree with your last post, your right God created faith, religon is not the root of evil, but is created by man

It's youtube doing it. We have written to them explaining what is going on and they have not taken action thus far.

I very much think that it is worth the fight. I'm not afraid to give my energy to a fight. I have had a rough time,these things happen in life. But that is not the reason for this. This is one of the most "me things" I have done in a long time.

Those of us on youtube are creating videos protesting, we have gotten one of the accounts of this guy closed and are working on putting together a network to fight pagan discrimination everywhere. The woman who alerted us to Tannhaus' suspension, Bluefirewitch has said that if this continues to happen she will be hiring a lawyer and taking up a fund. Last night another account was taken down.

I am not the only one angered by this; every pagan I know of on youtube that I know of (bluefirewitch, quanyin81,brockjohnson100,Witchyshaman, witchalan77, people I subscribe to) and many more are very angry about this. Obviously, it's not in my head; people are mad about this and doing things about this.

See, I don't see that is some small thing that doesn't deserve my energy and attention. I and several others think that this is worthly of our resistance. I've learned to not pick small fights and for no reason. I have learned that there are stupid people out there that don't deserve my energy and you should let it slide. But not when things like this happen. I don't care how small this injustice may seem, it should be fought. They will be allowed to discriminate, that's not okay.

Even the gentry (faeries) fight. There are tales of men sneaking upon faerie maidens bathing nude and clapping at their "performance" and the man being blinded for it. Or people showing arrogance and losing their hair. There are countless tales of this happening.

It's great if you believe in "turning the other cheek". Sometimes I do, but not always. I see wrong, I get angry and I do something about it. I can't pass it off and I don't want to.

-Good Thoughts, Alex

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis