World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Luck?

My sister has had a really bad couple of years and I was wondering if anybody knew of any ritual or chant that I could say or do to improve her luck? I was just going to light a candle and say a few worlds to the fae's, but if anybody has any other suggestions I am all ears.

Re: Luck?

Without getting personal, I think it depends on what type of luck your sister is in need of, money,love,homelife,job,???

A tradition in the UK is simply to bury a knife in your garden. It cuts the bad luck supposedly, and makes it change direction.
At various points in my life I've done this, and it does seem to work.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries

Enchanted Oaks, first really like the name, second, do you ever remove the knife?

Nope, it is there FOREVER So don't use your finest cutlery.

Sometimes when gardening one will be unearthed and I will flap about the garden, shrieking to my partner "Put it back! Put it back! QUICK!!!"

PS: Thank you, I like my name too. Its a little artistic persona I hide behind
Morning Grey is a lovely name also - it makes me think of those steel coloured mornings you get in Winter which you'd imagine would make one feel miserable, but strangely it doesn't. All shades of Nature are glorious, I guess.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad Faeries

I have found that by visualising the desired outcome, can help. The trick here is believing in the outcome manifesting itself though, and also affirmations. If she is constantly saying "I want x", it will never be fruitful, as by saying "I want", you will always be chasing after the want, you have to act as if it has already happened. Not easy by any means, but is doable.

I have found that the act of hitting bottom is sometimes needed to facilitate rising above. If she is really in need of something better, she is the one who must be willing to change and believe she is WORTHY of all that is better in her life. She must be the one who is willing to put in the effort and ask for help from all that is around her. You can give her advise and suggestions, but it is not your life. In the past couple years there have been many who have been coasting along waiting on someone else to save them. They must first be willing to save themselves. Bottom to amazing heights can happen very quickly if the person is receptive. Mine was less than 2 years. That included health, money, spirit, etc. all changed very quickly once I was willing to accept that I did not have wallow in despair forever. It was truly up to me. Tell her to embrace all that is good in her life, and more will come by seeing and looking for all that is positive around her.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis