World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Needing the faery vibes right now

Okay, so I've mentioned on a few posts here a job I'm trying to get. I had the interview today. I thought it went very well.

However...

I'm qualified, but just barely. I have just graduated. Apparently, there were about 30 applicants, and most of them have more education and/or work experience than me.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel here that I can see. I was told that their main concern is finding the right person to be able to handle the volatile emotions of the people s/he will be working with. I KNOW I can handle it. One of the main reasons I really want to work there is to help make a difference with these people and help them attain their goals. I just hope he saw that in the interview.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the position, it's an education coordinator at a treatment facility for girls with eating disorders.

I should know by Wednesday. I'm off to shuffle my oracle cards. Send me your vibes!

XOXO
Cori

Re: Needing the faery vibes right now

Good Luck to you Cori!

Sometimes people prefer employees right out of school...they have less stuff to unlearn...

I just had an informal interview with my new boss today and I'm feeling very strange about it...I think I'll go play with my cards as well and see if I can sort stuff out.

Good luck to both of you.
All you wish for believing shall be yours now.
Jin 1101

Cori and Laiste,

Trust that whatever is best for each of you will, indeed work out.

Best wishes and good vibes!
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? The Oracle

Faerie Blessings to you. I hope you get it!

Thanks to all for your well wishes! Good luck, Laiste!

XOXO
Cori

Bummer. I didn't get it. He did say that if the one he hired doesn't work out, he'd be in touch. I suppose I'm meant to be a teacher after all. I do love it. So, it's time to look for a teaching job. Teaching's better in the long run because it pays more and I'll get great benefits. Thanks, all.

XOXO
Cori

I'm sorry it didn't work out, Cori! Sounds like it worked out for your best interests though- whether it was packaged the way you wanted or not. :0)

This made me think of Nelys the Alchemyst (Card 27). She says that maybe you'll look back and say, "Wow! That wasn't what I expected, but it was just what I needed."

I hope that is the case for you Cori!
Continued Good Vibes!

With love,
Dragonfly

Aww Cori I'm sorry the position didn't work out, I guess everything happens for a reason tho, I'm sure this one will be apparent sometime!

Best of luck teaching!

Oh and eep!
thanks to everyone for the well wishes to me too! I thought I responded to this with thanks already but I don't see it!

Cori - what kind of a teacher may I ask?

I'm certified to teach English and Sociology in middle school and high school.

Tomorrow is the first day that the new store is open...
I had dreams last night of working there and things were going really well..lots of people were buying things even though I apparently couldn't speak? Then the dream shifted and the choking feeling in my throat ended so I could speak but the skin on my fingers was peeling off...it was very odd.

Wow, I hope all goes well with the store. Maybe the dream is just saying that you're going to have to put a lot of yourself into this for it to work and make some sacrifices. Maybe not. Maybe it's just anxiety.

I'm glad someone brought this post back up. Not only am I still jobless, but now I have a freaky health thing going on and no insurance. Fun. But it's not the end of the world. I'm doing all I can to stay positive. This too shall pass. Here's a random, cute little turtle to brighten the day.

Cori--if I may ask (I don't want to be nosy) but what's wrong with your health?
I hope it's nothing serious (you may email me if you don't want to talk about here). I haven't had insurance my whole adult life and I just feel so fortunate that I'm healthy and I worry a lot about it...
Take good care of yourself and feed your soul.
be well
here's a hippo to hang out with the turtle...

I'd rather not say, specifically. Girl stuff--let's leave it at that. I've only been off insurance since September. As soon as I get a job or married in August (whichever comes first), I'll be on insurance again. I'm usually pretty healthy, but stress is starting to get to my body.

for Cori
get lots of sleep do whatever you need to do (Ok I just wanted to use the vomit face!)
take good care of yourself
maybe it's good you don't have a job...this way you can focus on getting better...?
Just trying to see the silver lining

LOL
you must have posted yuor reply when I was working on my reply...funny timing

Best of luck with everything Cori, do take care of yourself...stress is so hard to beat since it's so all pervasive in our lives...I sometimes feel like it's only the tension that keeps me together...

Yeah, I've been trying to relax. I've had a lot of emotional stress, and I've been putting my body through a lot of stress dieting for my upcoming wedding. I think it's thrown everything in my body out-of-whack, which is just causing more stress, because I'm not sure what's going on with my usually reliable body. Gah! But I'm holding on to that silver lining. I know this storm will pass, and I'll be enjoying a beautiful rainbow soon. Thanks for the encouragement!

XOXO
Cori

be careful dieting...It can shock your system (I'm sure you are making sure you have all the essential stuff, etc.)
that's all I will say

HOORAY! I got a JOB!

Woohoo!!
Congratulations Cori!!

I'm so happy for you!

Hiya Cori,

Yay! Congratulations on landing a new job! :)

Wishing you the very best

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

Congratulations Cori!!!

BIG 's

I hope it's big

Woohoo! I'm so happy for you!!!

It's time to celebrate - Here's a toast to you... Congrats!

Lots of love!
Dragonfly

Thanks so much, Laiste, Spriggan, and Dragonfly! You have all been so fabulous with the story and supporting me and each other. Thanks to everyone else who was supportive too. I just love this board. It's so good to come to when you're having a bad day or are stressed out. Thanks to everyone on this board for creating something that has helped me deal with the craziness in the world and also to see the beauty in it.

Hey I just wanted to tell everyone that while the first job I was talking about on here didn't work out...I just got another one today that is potentially so much better! (better wages, benefits and everything!)
I am SO freakin' happy right now!!!

Thank you to everyone for everything!

Awesome, Laiste! I hope this one works out for you.

Hiya Laiste,

Yay! Congratulations! Hope you have fun in this new job :)

Lots a Luv

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

Congrats Cori,

I'm sorry the first job didn't work out, but it seems that it opened a door/window for another one to take it's place! Woohoo! Congrats!!!!

Cheers!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Thanks everyone! I start on Monday (unless Jury Duty takes over my life)

I thought I'd tell everyone here that I FINALLY landed a job! No more of the computer addicted beach bum! Now I have to get up at a decent hour and go to work.
It's retail again but it's better than nothing, and at least I enjoy working retail, so it'll be fun!

Anyways I thought I'd pass along the good news!
Thank you to everyone that sent me good vibes/prayers/good thoughts that helped me stay sane and wait for this job!

LOL I just realised that the last post I wrote on this before the one today was about the job I got that lasted a week!
I think this one will last a lot longer! It has staying power and apparently less drama in the workforce!

Hiya Laiste,

Congratulations!!! I'm glad to hear you found a job, yay!

I hope it works out well for you.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Laiste, I'm super happy for you!!!

I know it's been a terrible time for you. (ok, I really just wanted to use the yo-yo ) Anyway... congrats!!! Shall we pop the cork on the ?

Much love and BIG HUGS!!!!
Dragonfly

Congrats Laiste. When do you start? Best of luck with it too.

Thanks everyone! I started yesterday. It was fun, but strange to be back doing what I've been doing for over ten years, in a different place after basically a five (or six) month (very stressful) vacation!
Oh well...
LOL Dragonfly--the yoyo is an apt description of my life recently. I'd like it to stay up now tho (so maybe I'll put the yoyo away!)

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis