World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meditation

What sort of meditation do people here do? I tend to like guided meditation best, and I have found over the past few months, that when I am really in tune with myself, I see different colours when meditating.

I have also done some self-guided past life regression, which as been useful too.

Re: Meditation

I just breathe slowly in and out and focus on the breath. This is only for a few minutes anymore. Used to be longer. My mind and soul seem to be more in tune with each other now and that is all that is necessary for connection. If I were to make it complex it would simply loose interest to quickly, my mind tends to jump around if things are not easy. The mind is a very strange thing. Between our heart and mind we contain our reality. I find that I am in a state of calm meditation in daily life now rather than having to work on it anymore. This comes in time as I embraced my inner workings.

I love my mind and heart with all their strangeness that made them the brunt of perceived childhood injustices. The past has made me all that I am now and I wouldn't be me if the past had not helped form me.
Blessings abound from all the past to create the future we wish.
Jin1101

That is great to hear JLN. I find, that due to my busy schedule, of working full-time, and studying part-time, that I need to create that space that is just for me, as it allows me time to switch off, and connect back in with myself. I have however, on occasion, fallen alseep mid way, as I find it easier to connect in with myself, when lying down. I don't switch off in the same way, when I do seated meditation. My therapist however, is the opposite - she can't get into meditation if she is lying down. Different strokes for different folk and all that.

I do sitting and walking meditations...
sitting not as frequently as I like but I sit quietly with my plants and focus on my breath and quiet my mind...sometimes I try to direct it towards something (like my chakras etc) but more often than not it's just me being quiet.
My walking meditation I used to do while walking to work (now I try to do it when I go anywhere during the day since I don't drive) I just focus on my breathing and the ground under my feet. I count in for three steps and out for three steps. It helps me to be well grounded when I arrive wherever I'm going (which is always good for me!)
"beautiful moment/wonderful moment"

Another Great Post, Orna!!!

My best days are when I'm in a constant light state of Meditation which, I achieve through deep breathing and counting down from 5. It used to be 20, then 15, then 10, and now I'm there in under 5. *grin*... That has been quite a journey.

When I was just starting out, I studied a lot on my own and then as I progressed along my journey, opportunities to learn more opened up. Through one such opportunity I became a student and then a practitioner of Pranic Healing. Which seemed to speed up my own growth process. I was told by my teacher that my aura changed dramatically when I was meditating and she had never seen someone fall into a meditative state so quickly and with such ease and so deeply, as I did. For a long time before my instruction, it had scared me how deep my mediations were and how quickly I seemed to slip away. When I understood that this was more my own nature, then a product of the meditation itself, I became more comfortable with it and I found this 'gift' very helpful when dealing with daily life because I could induce this state anytime I needed to.

I also love to lie down and meditate. Because I too have a tendency to fall a sleep, I choose to do my more formal mediations at night right before bed. That way, I'm in a comfy environment when I do inevitably slip away into dream land. :0)

Ooh and I love past-life regressions! I've learned so much over the years through that method and I really loved the connection I felt afterwards to my own soul and the universe as a whole!

I think mediation, in general, is a very personal thing and not any one method tends to work well for all. I think it takes time and practice to find your own groove. Although, IMHO it is a very worthwhile journey and one I wouldn't want to live without. It's just so calming and restful and I learn so much via my guides during the process.

I can't wait to hear everyone else's experiences and methods!

Many blessings to all!
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? The Oracle

I received William Lee Rand's meditation CD kit this morning, so am interested in seeing what it is like, has meditation from calling in your reiki guides, to healing your shadow self, so am excited about seeing what it is like.

Sometimes when doing meditation, I call in my guides, angels etc. to guide me on whatever I know I need guidance on, or sometimes just for general guidance, as I do believe they will show me the path too, as to what is deemed necessary, from their viewpoint.

I was doing a meditation last night, which was about healing the shadow self, and found it quite powerful. I integrated a little reiki energy within in, but not in the same way I would when doing a reiki self-treatment. It was actually quite powerful - was very much inner child work, and am hoping this will help me heal one aspect of my soul, which needs some more healing.

I'm trying to meditate of the feeling in my heart-space.

I've spent too much time oblitering sensations in my head and transcending everything in true buddhist fashion. I used to study othodox buddhism but now I am much more caring. I want to help and heal with world, even if that path is difficult and not tranquil or always perfectly clear to me.

In the past I have writen my own guided meditations for my self and others, based on the elements and archetypes. It was most profound and healing work which I'd reccomend to anybody.

I used to meditate and I would recommend it to anyone. I actually went to a Buddhist center, even though I'm totally not religious, and would recommend it as it was wonderfully peaceful and a magical feeling. I can't do it anymore, do to medical reason I guess, but I wish I could!

Also to add, there are different types of meditation. I tend to use guided meditation cd's. The other type is mindfulness meditation.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis