World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
creative music

What does everyone tend to listen to when they're being creative? I like Morrissy when I'm writing.

Re: creative music

When I'm weaving I like Kate Bush, Tori Amos and Loreena McKennitt (and anything else along those veins)
when I'm cooking, or writing I go with where my mood is...sometimes Deva Premal, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Michael Franti, Billie Holiday..my musical tastes are all over the place :)

I like meditative type music

It really depends on my mood. However, when I was writing my first book, my soul song was Open Book by Nelli Fratada(sp?). That song really spoke to me and kept me going.

Right now, I've been listening to Fleet Foxes a lot. This band is new to me and I am enjoying their work. They're really awesome.

For a while, Crazy by Gnarles Barkley was a favorite of mine. At other times, anything from Sarah McLachlin, Tori Amos, Simon and Garfunkel, Lennon, Morrison, Seether, Pink, Ireland Eurovision Songs, etc. have played roles in keeping me focused on my work. I'm sure there are many, many more, but those are a few of my favorites. I've also been known to use the great composers of history, like Bach, to get me going. I also like Meditative or relaxing music. It really depends on my mood and what inspires me in any one moment.

Great post!
Dragonfly

When I'm doing calligraphy it has to be music without words, or at least no words in a language I can speak. So, classical, new age, Gregorian chant, sometimes jazz.

When I'm sewing or painting I usually listen to audio books.

Favorite Froud Book? good fairies bad fairies

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis