World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Forgiveness

Hi all!

I recently found this tidbit (don't ask me where - LOL) about forgiveness. It really worked for me and I feel lighter and better than I have in ages. I hope it works for you as well.

First of all, Forgiving someone does NOT mean you have to be OK with what they did, this is an exercise in letting go and moving on. When we have been hurt badly by the people we trusted and loved, we hold on to that energy and when we release that bond, we release the energy we were waisting and a natural flow can take it's place.

It's really simple, here's what you do...

Make a list of every person who has ever hurt you. When done, go through the list one by one, and say out loud - "I forgive you, (name), and I release the negitive energies that bind us together.

WOW! You won't believe the difference! This really does work! The old hurts that I didn't even realize I was holding on to have simply dissolved.

One thing I did add to this, that was not mentioned, was to forgive myself. I thought this was key in letting go of ALL the negitive energies that were holding me back. AMAZING!!!

Anyway, I just wanted to share. If anyone else has any positive experiences with this or other methods, please share.

Light and love,
Dragonfly

Re: Forgiveness

Hi Dragonfly,

I wrote something not too long ago on forgiveness.

First, it is important to forgive myself, as until that is done, it is difficult to forgive the other person, or where I have done something wrong, I have in the past, come to peace within myself, that I did the best, with the skills I had in any moment and time. I am only human afterall! It is also about acceptance, acceptance within myself, for example, if a past relationship has been lost for whatever reason, accepting that there is no going back, there is only going forward.

Forgivness is also done for the person doing the deed, and not the other person. If a relationship has died, for example, they need not necessarily know. I do believe that by holding on, not only am I impeding on my own journey, but also the other party's souls journey too.

FORGIVENESS: WHAT IT IS
Compiled by Beth Ross

Forgiveness is a gradual and gentle internal process. It is a practice.

Forgiveness is accepting that our way of life is the way it is and not the way we wanted it to be.

Forgiveness is an act of self-love.

Forgiveness is a path, not a destination.

Forgiveness is a change in how we perceive ourselves, other people, circumstances, and events.

Forgiveness is for the benefit of the person who forgives.

Forgiveness is an act of loving-kindness towards oneself.

Forgiveness is taking greater responsibility for one’s happiness.

Forgiveness is a decision to see beyond another’s personality.

Forgiveness is healing separation and fear with connection and love.

Forgiveness is experienced as a letting go, a release, enlightening. freedom, confidence, joyfulness, peacefulness, love, open-heartedness.

It is easier to forgive than not to forgive.

Forgive can be invited, encouraged, and cultivated.

Forgiveness requires dedication, commitment, courage, faith, and love.

Forgiveness is an attitude that sets us free, so that we are not continually re-victimized by our wounds.

Forgiveness is laying down a burden.

Forgiveness is the dramatic action we can take to improve our physical and mental health.

Forgiveness is giving up all hope of a better past.

FORGIVENESS: WHAT IT IS NOT
Compiled by Beth Roth

Forgiveness is Not:

Forgiveness is not a decision or an act of will.

Forgiveness is not forgetting the past.

Forgiveness is not condoning or justifying harmful or wrong behavior.

Forgiveness is not making something “right” that was wrong.

Forgiveness is not ignoring something painful that happened.

Forgiveness is not pretending that something is ok when it’s not.

Forgiveness is not denying, repressing, or suppressing the pain of the experience.

Forgiveness is not denying that I have a right to feel angry.

Forgiveness is not papering over painful emotions.

Forgiveness is not something we do for someone else.

Forgiveness is not reconciliation with another person.

Forgiveness is not a linear process.

Forgiveness is not about what we do or say.

Forgiveness is not a false humility that makes us better than somebody else.

Forgiveness cannot be forced, rushed, or artificial.

Forgiveness is not a “spiritual” evasion of our pain.

*beatnik snapping fingers*

I did find it interesting, as a side note, that I had one person for every year of life on my list when I was done. Weird. Of course, the things they did, didn't happen like that, but it just ended up being that way, when I wrote them down.

Certainly, this was a process for me alone. I only hope that releasing those ties that bound us together will release any cycles either party had to go through.

I know it helped me and if it helped them, then, I figure that's a bonus. lol!

Hey thanks Dragonfly and Orna. Those were very helpful for me. One of my flaws is that I tend to hold grudges.

caring and responsibility

Ok. Sound like a good spell, but first before we do the spell, lets ask our selves, where are we releasing the 'negative' energies to? How will they be transformed and resolved?

Last thing I want is for us caring and responsible faeries to pass on our painful lessons for others to learn, because we can't be bothered to find out why these things hurt us and learn our lessons for ourselves.

Perhaps it would be helpful to add into the spell something like 'I release the energies between us to the creator/goddess/god/universe so to be transformed and returned to us in whatever form we need most.' Also to add the 'and harming none' at the end is always good even for the most innocent looking of spells. We must always remember our ethics and training and never neglect them.

I don't see it as a spell, more an exercise. Also, by not moving on, not only are we hindering on our journey, but also the journey of another due to the cords that connect us to those with whom we come into contact with, even if a certain person is no longer part of our life.

Also if doing any healing work, I tend to use psychic protection - usually through visualisation, which tends to protect me, but also any negative energies can be transmuted in love and light.

It can be very easy to over-analyse things, and this can lead to fear, which can hold us back on our own individual journeys

no worries

I'm impressed, sound like you are doing some really good work.

In conveying this learning to others, lets remember that they may not understand the eithical use of magic, or aerobics, or whatever you want to call it. We don't want anyone to overstretch themselves and do damage.

This information is in no way inteneded to contradict anything you have said, but rather, to reinforce and compliment the great things you are sharing. So, take that as personally as you like.

For the good of all,
So, mote it be.

I don't understand why you are using the word aerobics there PL?

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis