World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Introductions

Hi All!

We have so many new people popping up, I thought I'd do another one of these introduction posts. I'll start...

I'm 32 years young and I'm from Ohio, USA. I'm a writer and a avid fan of the Frouds. My favorite Froud book is The Oracle.

Ok, so now it's your turn. ;0)

Dragonfly

Re: Introductions

Oh and I'm a Sagittarius. :0)

Wonderful idea Dragonfly and much appreciated by a newbie.
I`m Jin1101. I`m 35 and from the flatlands of Saskatchewan Canada. Scorpio, intuitive healer, and lover of life. I`ve got a family on our little piece of heaven. Big sky an wide earth. Love the Oracle.

Another Sagitarius here. I am in Dublin, Ireland (yes the real Dublin, lol - only kidding). I am 29 and 36 months, ok am really 32, but am in denial. I am still in my twenties in my heart at least, lol. My first introduction to the Frouds was The Oracle which I came across in a local crystal shop, and I have not looked back since. I am a spiritual person, and I feel that since connecting in here, I have discovered more and more about my own spiritual beliefs, which are wide and varied.

Jin1101,

Welcome! We've been looking for that little bit of earth to call our own as well. :0)

I always find it amazing some of the things we all share in common on this board.

Dragonfly

Hi JLN,

wow - Canada. Of all the places I have visited, Canada has been the place I most felt at home. I was at a Native Reserve once, with the worst pmt pain I had ever had, and by the time I came out the pain was gone. I truly believe it had to do with the natural energy in the earth there. It was truly an amazing experience, and only for the fact I had experienced both the intensity, and then the calmness afterwards, I would not have believed such a dramatic difference in such a short time was possible.

Greetings all. I'm Bex. I'm not totally a newbie, I was a member two years ago, but lost my public access and finally got the internet two days ago so I'm back. I'm 28 year old but I'm still a girl at heart (not sure whether that's a good thing or not). I have a nine month old son, who is my pride and joy. I also have a four year old "step-son" whom I love dearly. I'm engaged to be married to a wonderful man, we are planned the wedding for next summer. I'm a stay at home mother, most likely I'll go back to work or school someday but I'm not in a hurry.

My first Froud encounter was the first time I saw The Labyrinth (it's one of my favorite movies). Then I got the Oracle and been hooked ever sense.

Favorite Froud Book? don't make me pick, I like them all

Hi All!

I'm Cori. I've been on this board for at least 6 years...probaby more.

Sex: Well, it says female on my driver's license and birth certificate

Occupation: I just graduated *** laude with a bachelor's in English Teaching and a minor in Sociology, and I just got my teaching license for secondary education (grades 6-12). I'm job-hunting right now. Stupid economy. Someday I want to publish a bestseller.

Status: I'm engaged to a wonderful man. We're tying the knot on August 15th of this year.

Kids: None yet, but I can't wait to start having chubby blonde cherub babies with big blue eyes and rosy cheeks!

Hi, I'm amuletts. I'm 24 and must have been visiting this board on-and-off for around 6 years! I live in england and am an artist/webdesigner/webcomicer/jack-of-all-trades. No children but two lovely guinea pigs.

This is a good idea because I forget where everybody is from (even the "oldies")

hi I'm Laiste
I'm 31 and I've been visiting this board off and on for a very long time (lost count of the years!) I'm an Aquarius and I live in Humboldt County, California, among the redwoods and pristine beaches...Oh I love this place!
My introduction to Froud was "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries" and while I love the Oracle, I think that book is still my favorite from him....
that is all for today...I'm off to do a rain dance (it's been very dry here this year)

38 yr old male, New Jersey
Favorite Froud book, The Dark Crystal book of artwork and the short lived Faerielands.
avid kayaker and backpacker,
favorite author: Hawthorn

Hi,

I havent posted yet, but I've been reading other's posts and you seem like a very bright and kind collection of people.

My name's Stephen and I'm 30yrs old, living just north of Boston.

I guess I'd identify myself as an amateur aphorist/poet/philosopher/psychologist/mystic. Can I do that? lol

I'm a Scorpio (Sun/Venus/MC/Uranus), with Mars/Merc in Sagittarius, Moon in Aquarius, and Capricorn on the Ascendant.

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Welcome all and it's very good to meet you!

Mary Catherine Bateson once said, "Insight, I believe, refers to the depth of understanding that comes by setting experiences, yours and mine, familiar and exotic, new and old, side by side, learning by letting them speak to one another."

It's great to have such a diverse crowd.

Love and Light!
Dragonfly

Hello all,
My name is Kylie,
Im 19 (capricorn with aquarius rising, libra moon, saggitarius on the food box)
Im a girl.
Im an artist of all sorts (paint, draw, sculpt, design, write, sing, dance, ect.)
I'm soon to start selling my artwork! ^.^
ummm my favorite artist is Brian Froud (whom I have met... all three Frouds actually.)
Favorite musician is David Bowie...
hmmm.
if you wish to know more feel free to ask!

~*kylie*~

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries/Bad faeries

Hi Kylie! Welcome and it's nice to meet you! You sound very talented! Would love to see your work when you're ready.

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

Thank you, Dragonfly. :)

Thats a lovely quote.

Hi all,

I'm sort of new, I found the forum right after Fairie Con in October 08.

I'm the old lady in the room, actually I'm only 43 but I think I'm the oldest that's posted on this thread so far. I'm a stay at home Mom (2 kids boy - about to turn 11 and a 13 year old girl), a free lance artist, and a part time art teacher.

I did not know it at the time but I guess my first encounter with the Frouds was when Star Wars first introduced Yoda. I really fell for them when I saw Labyrinth and Dark Crystal.

At the moment my primary form of artistic expression is art dolls. Mostly fae, some mer folk and sea horses. I also make jewelry, and for the SCA I am Sarra the Lymner and a scribe (I do medieval style calligraphy and illumination.)

If anyone is curious about what my work looks like I'm on Etsy my shop is called ToadstoolsNTreestump. I do not currently have a gallery web page, so the only place to see my current work is on etsy.

I love this forum, it's wonderful to feel at home with folks who welcome the fae into their lives.

Favorite Froud Book? good fairies bad fairies

Very pleased to meet you Dragonfly, and all the other lovely Froudians.

My name is Melanie Amelia Neofitou and my shamanic title is Light, though I like to call myself 'Priestess Light', because it makes me feel special...anyway I'm studying the Celtic Faerie Tradition which is a pretty heavy experiential path. But what I really like doing is writing. I love to write and write.

Born in the cancerian zone, year of the chinese goat, moon in gemini, Libra rising.

Hmmm I'm in Melbourne, Victoria Australia. I've been a sporadic but serious contributer to the forum for about three years.

It's wonderful to meet everyone!

"In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit." ~Albert Schweitzer

I think we are all one of "those people"....I've come to this forum so many times seeking that kindling and it's never failed me...

Laiste,

What a great quote and the sentiment is so perfect for what we find here, just when we need it most. :0) I for one, feel very blessed!

To all who are new, or are back, welcome home!

With love and light,
Dragonfly

Hi, I'm a Taurus woman and am 45 years young.. will be 46 this May 12th. I live in Pennsylvania and right now we are in our Winter season here.

I never believed faeries existed before until I had a personal faerie encounter last May 31st that was a very vivid encounter which I will never forget, and which changed my whole life since then.

I went from non believer to someone who seeks out the Faes and wants to be their friend. I always wanted to believe but am such a hard head that Divine intervention was the only way I was able to see for myself.. and it happened when I was 45!. I admire the rest of you who believe without having to see.

Nice meeting everyone!

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

Hi Boldylocks,

For me, it was not about seeing the fae. It came first with trusting myself, and then trusting the world around me, as I experience it every day. For me, my spirituality is what makes me feel more connected, both within myself, but also with the world around me. If we do not trust oursleves, how can we expect to be open enough to accept what we see around us - at least, that is my take on things.

Hi all !
Another Canadian here, near Vermont ;)
I'm 43, my name is Sophie and I've been a fantasy nut for more than I can remember. On a Froudian level, Dark Crystal started it all, including the will to make even more painting/drawing/sculpting.
And I'm a Gemini, Leo rising

Favorite Froud Book? Dark Crystal Art book

hi, everyone, my name is Nerida, I am 50 but 17 in my mind and I refuse to get any older, I am a Gemini, I am totaly blow away by Froun

Favorite Froud Book? the faries oracle

I'm Kelli, otherwise known as Moonfire and Adara in some circles. Moonfire is my fae name that came to me at 10 and Adara was a name given to me as my soul name at my coming of age at 18.

I'm 43 but eternally going on 20-something. Idaho is my physical home but my heart and soul is in the Summerland. It's my lifelong job to bring heaven to earth in as many ways as possible until someday the walls between the worlds will come crumbling down. Like the Berlin Wall;)

I love anything mysical but have earthly interests as well like bellydancing, firespinning, reading/writing, singing, drawing, playing in the woods, traveling and studying my Celtic ancestry. And I'm a crazy cat lady. Only one cat right now but I plan on getting one more...somebody told me yesterday "that's what they all say". Don't worry, I won't be one of those wacko people who has cats coming out the walls. I wouldn't have enough money for that much food anyway.

Hello!
Im Mermaidlaughing and Ive been lurking around here for about um...4 1/2 years now.
I have gone to 3 Faerieworlds Festivals so I have met all the Frouds among many other fabulous talented people. FW is the highlight of my year!
I started a Tribe on Tribe.net for Faerieworlds family called A Circle of Merry Folk which now has over 200 members and about 70 of us camped there together last year. (Amara_starleaf...Kylie...are you our Kylie from tribe?)

I've won Best Poet of the year here twice (2006 & 2008) and first runner up (2007) for the same once. Im so honored and proud of that!

Im in S. Cali and will be 45 in May. I have a 23 yr old son and an almost 17 yr old girl and all three of us had a Faerie encounter together about 5 yrs ago that we shall never forget. Oh and again together we had one at quiet camp two years ago when camping for Faerieworlds.

Im usually just lurking here but Im quite active on Tribe and Facebook (where many of the COMF family are too!).
Its nice to meet you all!
Stay peaceful...
Love...Mermaidlaughing

Hi everyone, I'm Kimberley.

I'm 19 years old, from Australia and consider myself a "believer."

Nice to meet you all. :)

hi mermaid laughing,

i'd love to hear about your encounters sometime.

"What is wanted is not the will to believe,
but the will to find out, which is the exact opposite."
—- Bertrand Russell, 'Skeptical Essays'

I'm slowly creeping back onto the board.

I'm Ana from Chicago, 33 years old. I have a husband and a tabby cat, who owns the house we live in. (He's nice enough to let us stay here.) I'm a Gemini, erstwhile picture framer, and artist. Nice to see all the new and old faces alike here!

Hi! My name is Robin I will be 37 on Friday!!!- also Canadian! Have been on the site since 2003 but haven't been around much in the past couple of years. My how things have changed. I am slowly getting back to doing the things I used to enjoy...like this site!

Hi my name is Becky Hart. My husband Desmodus and I have been sculpting for quite awhile now. We are very happy to be able to get to know all you great Froudians.We hope to be able to make lots of new friends on here and see all of your wonderful works of art ,and be able to show our creations off as well. We live here in Florida.

Happy Birthday, Robin!

And a big old Fairy welcome to you all!!!

Dragonfly

Hello Robin and Becky!
I'm glad to see you back Robin...you were one of the people that I would sometimes wonder what happened to!

And many welcomes Becky! I hope you and your husband have fun making a little hang out here. I really feel like this is a special little corner on the web.

Hi all,
I used to post on this forum a while back, but now i just observe some of the posts about once a week or so.

My name is Tiffany and im 18, and live in Australia!Im an aquarius.
At the moment im not studying just working, and next year i hope to study to be a childcare worker :)

My fave froud book: Good faeries/bad faeries.

Nice to meet you all

Re: Re: Introductions

Welcome Tiffany! I wish you luck on your journey towards your career goals.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis