World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Though the eyes of my baby

I have a nine month old baby, he is the cutest thing on the planet. Today, while his Dad was holding him, he was looking at the side of Dad's head and was smiling. His Dad, who can see Faeries, asked him if he was looking at the Faery playing in Dad's hair. Then my baby looked back at Dad head and smiles again.

My baby does things like this a lot. I think it is the greatest thing ever and I hope he never loses the ability. I'm really concerned that no matter what I teach him that outside influences will kill it. I can't be with him all the time. He will go to school someday. He has many cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents, who all have different believes then us. I'm scared that they will say something and not even think about it and squash his ability.

Well, I was just wondering if anyone has some advise for me. I plan on telling him not to tell people outside of our family abut the Faeries but that itself might do damage. What if he thinks that it's bad and that's why I don't want him telling other people about it. But I also don't want him going up to his school teacher telling her that she has a faery on her shoulder and then she telling him that they aren't real.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Favorite Froud Book? don't make me pick, I like them all

Re: Though the eyes of my baby

No real advice from me...just to nurture it as best you can and explain things to him when he wanders off in the world...he will probably get it. Kids are a lot more perceptive than some of us give them credit for being...
The fact that you and the dad are supportive will help a lot in keeping the doors open IMO
Best of luck in raising our future!

I agree with Laiste. It is normal for kids after about a year-and-a-half to turn off these gifts, only to return to it later, if that is their path. I don't think you can tell a child not to talk about something, as IMHO, that gives the message that it is something to be ashamed of, which it is not. Maybe to articulate, that everyone has different beliefs, and there is no right or wrong way.

Faery Bex,

There is a book you should check out, it's called, Pagan Parenting. And even if you're not a pagan, it is a really good book for opening your child up to such things as the fae, and keeping that link open. It has really neat games, and interactions you can use with your kids. This is one book I wouldn't live without. :0)

I agree with Laiste and Orna, having your child keep it a secret will only lead them down a road of confusion and guilt, which may have the reverse effect you're looking for. I've seen this happen with my friends' kids and it's really tough on the kids in the long run. I'd suggest, that even before your child is old enough to understand, start slowly integrating the idea that not everyone believes the same way as you do and not every child/person is so special that they can see the fae. Maybe this will lessen your child's reactions to non-believers and soften the blow if someone should try and squelch their abilities - which depends on their soul-journey, really. Though it is not the same exactly, not everyone believes there is a Santa Clause and when asked, many find strength in standing up for what they do believe in. So, there is always that angle too.

Do what you do and believe what you believe, your child's life path will ultimately dictate what they keep and what they don't and how they deal with any opposition down the road.

Light and Love,
Dragonfly

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep everything you all said in my mind. I have also heard of the book "pagan parents" and have wanted to get it but I just haven't been given the chance. I would classify myself as pagan so the book might help with other things that I believe. I would also like to teach my child about many religions so when they are of age they can make and informed decision about what path they go down.

Thanks again for the help, it is greatly appreciated.

Favorite Froud Book? don't make me pick, I like them all

One way to keep him from losing this gift is to always acknowledge it.. as well as acknowledging the Fae too.
Then, tell him when he's old enough to go to school that people, in general, do not believe in anything that they can't see... and because many people can't see fairies, they don't believe. You can't see electricity, but it's there!

Tell him that when he sees a fae around anyone.. Not to tell that person unless the Fae asks him to tell that person. Maybe the fairy is showing him/herself just for him, and not for that other person.

If he asks' "why", then tell him that the people are normally blind to them, and if he tells them and they don't believe, then their unbelief will hurt the Fae's feelings. Everyone is going to find out one time or another about the Fae.. even if it's after death but for some reason, they may not be supposed to know until the right time.

You can tell him that sometimes things are hidden fom people until they are ready to see for themselves.

I am 45 years old and never believed in fairies before, until I saw one this last Summer. It wasn't the right time for me until that day I saw for myself.

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

Sounds to me like you have a Crystal Child on your hands! More info here: http://www.angeltherapy.com/article1.php

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis