World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
John Edward Psychic Show

Anyone know anything about these. He is coming to Ireland in September, and am deliberating over whether to go or not.

Re: John Edward Psychic Show

alot of people think he is a fool, but my girlfriend went to a show of his and claims thats he the real deal, I dunno myself, if nothing else go for a good laugh, and if he's right on then all the better

Is he the same guy who did that stupid show Crossing Over? I can't remember his name but I always thought he was a fake catering to gullible middle aged housewives because that comprised most of the audience on his show. It was always somebody's boring old grandmother or other relative saying they were ok over there on the other side. What always annoyed me the most was "I'm getting a name here...does it start with S?" I mean, come on...he was just guessing. And he always generalized details, like Sylvia Browne did when she was on the Montel show.

I think that you should go and make your own opinion about him (as long as it doesn't cost too much LOL). While he was on tv, I did watch his show a couple of times and I didn't think much of his abilties but not everything is like they show it on tv. But if I had the oppertunity to go see someone like him in person, I would take the chance. You never know what will happen.

Favorite Froud Book? don't make me pick, I like them all

"Did someone in this area of the audience loose someone recently, like in the last month? No? The last 6 months? No? The last year? Yes? Was it a man? No? A woman? Yes? A woman...Was it your mother? No? Your aunt? No? Your cousin? Yes? It was your cousin. Was her name...uh...did it start with an "A"? No? did it start with a "B"? No? A "C"? Yes? Was it Carly? No? Was her name Cindy? No?"

Ad nauseum.

Entertaining, but not genuine. He's almost like watching a spoof of a psychic on SNL.

Favorite Froud Book? Bad Faeries

I had the same general opinion of this guy as most have expressed here until I found out that he willingly subjected himself to a scientific study which disallowed him to have any direct contact with the people he was supposed to be reading. It was a large study and the majority of participants scored an accuracy rate of about 25% or so, to my memory. John Edwards managed to achieve 90%. Take what you will from that, I'm not necessarily saying that means he's completely genuine- science can be flawed. But still, I personally would be interested in seeing him perform, just to try to puzzle out exactly how it's done.

I suppose even high profile psychics can have "off" days and if that happens when you have a performance scheduled...well you make do.
Sometimes there's a lot of static in the connection to the otherworld too....

Just impressions I've gotten from seeing others work :)

Hi Orna

Mmmmm not too sure about John Edwards...I personally think James Van Praagh is much better...also someone mentioned Syliva Browne up above...I think she is horrid and slightly up her self a little.I hate people like that...we are all ONE.

If you go let us know what he was like.....

Faerie blessings
maria moonlight dancer
xo

I decided to get the tickets - the show isn't on until September, so a bit of a way away yet. It should, in the very least, be interesing. On the website I booked, it says "for entertainment purposes only", however this is due to a new EU law that has come in surrounding psychic phenomenon.

I used to watch him on the telly. He always had good energy - whether he's for real or not, is up to each person to decide on their own - as experience tends to tell the best tales. :) I've read VanPra - didn't care for his "religious bend" and Sylvia Brown makes me gag. lol! My friend and I used to watch her on "what's his names show" and since we're both sensitives, we would find ourselves reading the energy around them and yell at the TV what we picked up - it was always different than what she was pushing - but oddly enough my friend and I's "feelings" matched up.

Anyway, I hope you have a good time at the show! Wish I could go with you - have always wanted to check him out in person. :0)

Much love,
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Boy that reminds me of cheap thrills with one of my girlfriends back in highschool: going to the bookstore and laughing at things like "How to Become a Psychic in Six Days"

Orna,

I would be willing to give him a chance. How much are the tickets and where in Ireland? Ive only watched him on Tele, and I did think he was the real deal
( and I am in no way naive to these sorts of things) People like Sylvia are the ones I get bad vibes from and that Derick Ocorrah ..god hes a total waste.

DPA

Favorite Froud Book? GF/BF

The tix are expensive, and it is on in Dublin - everything always comes to Dublin first, lol . Anyway, am heading with a friend, and spoke to my Reiki Master about, and he too reckons he is one of the genuine ones. It'll be interesting to see if he picks me out - would be cool if he did, but not holding my breathe either on that one, lol.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries & The Oracle

Was at the John Edwards show today. Even though I did not get a reading, he is most definitely the real deal. I liked when people started offering information, where he stopped them, saying let the information come through me back to you, to give you the validation etc. He did say he prefers giving radings to atheists more, as their loved ones who have passed, work so much harder to try and prove to the person receiving the reading, that this is the real deal, whereas someone like me who does believe, the messages tend to be more subtle.

This sits with what I would imagine to be the case.

He was very funny too, and I got the sense that he really does have a passion for what he does. When someone asked a question about developing mediumship, he did talk about the ethical resposibility etc, which is so true, as some psychics try to claim to be mediums when they are not.

A lot of what he said resognated with me, and I would most definitely go to one of his shoes again. I never realised that he was half Irish either, till today

Orna,

That's so awesome!!! I'm glad to hear you feel he's the real deal - always felt that he was when I watched him on TV years ago.

It's good to hear he talked of ethics regarding Medium-ship too! That's really lacking in the field - not only by those who "claim" to have the gift, but those who actually do have it often fall short in this area too.

Sorry you didn't get a reading, but I am glad you were able to take something away from the experience!

*hugs*
Dragonfly

john edwand is the greatest!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis