World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Asking for a sign...

I was supposed to meet this guy for a date tomorrow night, who I don't know, nor had I ever met before, and was getting these instincts that it was not right. Simple things such as how he kept calling me "sexy" in messages, and rather than meeting outside where we were heading , he wanted to meet at the venue, which was not sitting well with me. Anyway, I put it out there, asking my angels to send me a sign if it was best not to meet him, and a few hours later I got a text from him saying that he is unable to make it tomorrow night, as he has been called in for some work then. I am grateful to my angels for giving me the guidance, or intervening when needed/asked.

Re: Asking for a sign...

"ask and you shall receive" we where just talking about this in my astro class last night!

Always trust your intuition! That would have creeped me out too. If a straight guy I barely know calls me 'sexy', I see it as a red flag. You know what's on his brain, and that he's not very tactful. Not the kind of character I want in a friend or potential mate.

I'm so glad you have such wonderful guardians watching out for you. Your fellow Froudians want their Orna to be safe!

Blessings,
Cori

>You know what's on his brain, and that he's not very tactful.

The vast majority of men have sex on the brain. Generally speaking, I think you're better off with the ones who are honest about it. ...Not that I'm biased or anything.

Ha ha touché, Pyrian. Girls have it on the brain a lot too.

I guess that being honest about it is important at some point while dating, but I don't like it when guys I don't really know are blunt like that. I suppose it's because I've been in relationships with guys like that, and they were abusive misogynists. So I guess I'm just speaking from my experience. I just find it to be a turn-off. There are much better ways to seduce a girl. For example, I'm all about intellectual and spiritual connections, and the physical stuff actually stems from that for me. That's how I fell in love with my fiancé. He showed me that he cared about who I was as a person above all else. I guess some relationship dynamics might be different.

Thanks guys. It was the not wanting to me outside, that really put it all together for me, as even though we were heading to a pub, I prefer to meet someone outside somewhere, and the fact he wanted to meet me inside the pub even when I suggested me meet outside somewhere did not bode well with me. I was speaking to my brother's girlfriend last night, and she said that he seems to have it in his head already, that you are already in a relationship. Not exactly the type of guy I want to date, as I need to take things slowly in relationships - take time to get to know each other etc.

The fact alone that he didn't respect your wishes and comfort level to meet outside tells me this guy is a control freak and has to have his way. Believe me, I've been through it too many times and a guy who really respects you will honor your wishes instead of being pushy and selfish. That's bad enough he's starting out that way. That means he will be abusive and controlling later on. Best to steer clear of this dude.

HEs in a relationship. Thats why he couldnt meet you outside. Too risky.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis