World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Sad Time for Ireland...

.... after 11 years since the last attack, also by the Real IRA, there was an attack at the weekend, where 2 lives were claimed. The Real IRA, were the group who rebelled, in 1998, against the Good Friday Agreement, however after the attack in Omagh, that was the last attack of any of the various IRA groups. I am hoping this is a one-off incident, but only time will tell what the future holds.

Re: A Sad Time for Ireland...

sorry, but whats the IRA?

Hiya Orna,

I'm sorry to hear about the Real IRA attack. I too hope that it was a one off and that there will be peace again in Ireland. I wonder what they think it will achieve? It is so sad.

Sending you wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

IRA = Irish Republican Army. In the 80's in particular, they created chaos - bomb attacks etc, under the guise that they wanted a united Ireland, and not 2 separate entities. It started off as something well meaning when it was first founded, however very quickly it was evil for the sake of evil IMHO.

The Real IRA (as opposed to the Provisional IRA) were a break away group, as they, in theory, did not want the cease fire that was being proposed in the 90's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irish_Republican_Army

It is sad that the two soldiers killed in the attack, were merely manning a base (which is due to close next year), and 2 pizza delivery guys got wounded too.

There was another shooting last night. A PSNI officer was shot, and even though no group is suspected, it does look like it was an attack by one of the "known groups", such as the IRA etc in the area.

I saw this on the BBC...
I really wonder about the need for violence, it never solves anything and often only leads to more of the same.

I'm sending peaceful loving vibes to the Irish and to everyone in the world...may we all find peace and happiness soon

Orna,

I'm sorry to hear about those officers and my condolences go out to their families. It's sad that people use violence, because it only begets more violence. Sad.

Stay safe my friend.

Much love,
Dragonfly

The update is that this second attack was carried out by the Continuity IRA group (there are a few groups, that have arisen out of breakaway groups from the Provisional IRA, which a lot of people outside of UK & Ireland are not aware of).

Even though where I am we are not affected, my heart is breaking, as last August was a momentous time, having had 10 years ceasefire.

It's heartbreaking after sooo many years of pain and killing they finally found their way towards peaceful coexistance and suddenly some idiots go and start all over again. I hope these are isolated incidents and not the start of more years of hatred and maimings/killings.

Favorite Froud Book? Good faeries bad faeries

Sending loving thoughts and energy to all of you in Ireland over this. I know you are tired of this nonsense already. Hang in there

Boldy

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

I read a funny Joke about the battle for independence from the Brits. 'We beat the british: ALL ONE.

True power comes from health and ethical, spiritual practice, not from violence.

Digest those who would call themselves your enemies.

Light.

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis