World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Bowie Question

Anyone seen The Hunger? It's a vampire movie from 1983 with Catherine Deneuve, Susan Sarandon, and David Bowie. I love all three of them. I was just wondering who has seen it and if you liked it. No spoilers, please. I'm trying to decide if I should order it or not. I'm a huge film buff. I like all different kinds of films, including cult classics.

Re: Bowie Question

A friend of mine recommended that movie to me. I plan on putting it on my Netflix queue because I'm curious about it too. I'd say go ahead and rent it. Even if you end up not liking it, it's got David Bowie.

Hmmm, now I've got that Flight of the Conchords song "Bowies In Space" stuck in my head. lol

Yes, not only David Bowie eye candy, but also Deneuve and Sarandon naughtiness, which I'm all for lol. I think I'll try to find it at the video store and rent it. I'll order it used online if I can't find it to rent. I don't have NetFlix. :-(

My friend did also mention the naughtiness, lol. I see, you're considering purchasing. I thought you meant order it for rental. I hope you're able to rent it first, that way you'll know if you really want to own.

Yeah, I'd like to rent it first, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to find it around here. I have a buddy who works at one of the rental places. If I can't find it at the main one, I'll call and ask him.

Speaking of Bowie films, have you seen The Man Who Fell to Earth? I love that film.

Aaaaa! The Man Who Fell to Earth! Let's just say that the aliens I used to dream about seeing looked VERY much like that, and that was WAY before I saw the movie. I'd love to see a modern remake of it, with better music, lol!

No! I hate remakes! Lol I'm such a film snob. I love how surreal and abstract the film was. I thought it was beautiful. I'd like to read the novel someday. Anyone read it?

Cori, maybe you can try your local libraries if you can't find it in a store? The library sometimes has more arty or obscure films in their catalog.

Hiya,

I've seen a little bit of both those films, but it was when I was really young and it was on tv so I don't remember much. Would love to see both again. Will have to look around for them :)

Hope you find The Hunger Cori.

Luv

Spriggan

Favorite Froud Book? The Art of Wendy Froud

Thanks for the advice, Nanny. I'm going in to town tomorrow (I live out in the country). I've been busy making funeral arrangements for the last couple of days, so I haven't had a chance to look for it. I'll let you know if I find it.

Howdy Spriggan!

So after watching clips online as well as finding out that it has some Bauhaus (one of my favorite bands) music in it, I bought the dvd at the video store today. I love all three actors so much, plus, I love the fashion designers whose clothes are featured in the film. So even if the plot is crap, I'll still love it. I'm sure.

Another fabulous Bowie film: Basquiat. He plays ANDY FREAKING WARHOL! I love Andy Warhol and Jean-Michel Basquiat. This film is so fantastic. Even without Bowie, I'd still love it.

Watched The Hunger, loved it, glad I bought it. The boyfriend liked it too. I think it had something to do with Susan Sarandon...

We watched THE HUNGER and lovid it. It is a classic horror movie that set new standards for vampire fans and goths alike. Highly recommended!

I've watched some of it--- I'm a huge Bowie fan, I love the Bauhaus too, and I have a casual interest in vampires.

I couldn't get through it; thought it was rubbish. BUT, I've rented the DVD again and I'm ready to give it another go.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis