World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
hmmmm

right first time ive been on this site and i was hoping to find some info but there isn't , so could anybody posibly tell me what mediums Frouds works in? is it all water colour and graphite? please help lol

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Re: hmmmm

From "The Land of Froud" intro (1977)
"How to explain the media that he used at that time: airbrush, plaster, modeling clay, plasticine, plastic, grit, gum, paint, paper, canvas, cloth, cardboard, hardboard, leather, metal, stone, cement, ink, wood, even earth and sand, not forgetting needle, thread, and button, sometimes all together on the same creation."

But I really don't know what mediums he uses currently...I'd guess watercolour (like you said).
I'm sure someone else on this board can answer you more confidently!

Welcome By the way!

From the About section on the main World of Froud site:

"Through Froud's unique style (by utilizing acrylics, colored pencil, pastels and ink), he has created some of the most well known fantasy images of the Twenty-first Century."

And from the FAQ page:

"What kind of art materials does Brian use?

Brian works primarily in acrylics on illustration board and will additionally use whatever medium that allows him to achieve his desired effect including airbrush, colored pencil and colored chalk. He also used traditional drawing and water based mediums like watercolor and gouache combined with colored pencils."

Oops, forgot to add - hello and welcome, Phil!

I remember reading that, Laiste, and wondering what his 3-D work looks like.

arr thankyou :D and yer i really adore this site, nice to see so many friendly people :D

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis