World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'm so embarassed...

http://www.amazon.com/CHILDREN-SUN-CONTACT-KELLI-CLARK/dp/B000SOKN8W

THIS is what happens when I Google my name and crazy things come out of the woodwork. I wrote this book back in 1997 and I did NOT give it those sensationalistic subtitles! For one thing, my experiences were NOT just about romantic interludes. I'm putting the true story that REALLY happened up on my Myspace Children of theSun group. I'm even more embarssed that it ended up on CD...god I hope it's not a book on tape...I can only imagine how the narration sounds. And I...DON'T...prefer alien men to earthly men now...I prefer FAERIE men, lol!

Re: I'm so embarassed...

Kelli,

((((((BIG HUGS)))))) I feel for you.

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

((Hugs))
I don't know what else to say...

Kelli, is there any way you can contact Amazon and have them remove the description? I don't know what legal rights you have to the work as the author, but I'm sorry to hear that people have done things with your work without consulting you first.

Re: Re: I'm so embarassed...

Well, actually I contacted Wendelle Steven's daughter who lives in Arizona(he's the one who bought 10 copies of my book in 1997 originally and paid me one hundred and fifty dollars for it). I told her I didn't want those subtitles and the way I was represented, and she told me I was the one who wrote it that way! I have a good memory and I KNOW I didn't put that...it's been about 12 years now so I kind of let it go. But what's more upsetting is that a CD version of it's being sold on Amazon and I'm getting nothing for it, no percentage or anything! I really don't know what to do. I feel like I'm being made fun of. At least if they're gonna do that, I'd like to get paid for it.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis