World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is it with some people?

Perhaps the enlightened ones can explain this mystery: I recently added a seemingly nice lady who claims to know friends of Brandon Lee and his family. She also claims to have had some type of spiritual guidance from Brandon from beyond the grave, so we get to talking exitedly about the supernatural and just things in general about our lives. So I send her the links to my experiences thinking she's going to find it fascinating...WRONG. Just less than a day later, she BLOCKS me from Myspace! I can't even write to her because she's blocked that too. No explaination. I wrote to the lady who played Sarah(she's on my friends list and SHE hasn't deleted me yet...I hope she won't after this!) to see if she knows this Elaine and why she would be so offended by something I said or something I wrote that she'd completely block me. I'm VERY hurt and confused, and feel like maybe I shouldn't have told her anything about my life now. Obviously she thinks I'm crazy. I know crazy things have happened to me, but you all have read that stuff and you're still here, lol. Any ideas on what it could have been? I know I shouldn't cry over somebody I only knew for three days but I am. Especially when it dosen't make any SENSE!!!

Re: What is it with some people?

Well, in my experience, certain people are only comfortable with certain types of reality. As dumb (forgive me if I'm offending anyone) as it may seem, there are people who are totally comfortable with the idea of there being ghosts but aliens are absurd, for example. You get the idea. I've had similar problems before and it's usually someone who's into different things but is still surprisingly closed-minded. I'd say don't worry about it.

Kelli~ I second Tink on this...everyone has different comfort thresholds with paranormal things, it's happened to me too...which is why I don't share my experiences anymore (unless I'm testing someone...like a potential new BF). I wouldn't worry about this too much!

Thanks for the support::hugs::. You know, I feel a lot better now anyway, because one of the guys who actually worked with Brandon in the Crow is on my friends list and HE told me the same thing, lol! He also told me that I have the right to talk about it and if people don't like it, it's on them, not me. Still, Laiste, you have a point that with some it's better to keep quiet, like my family, for instance. They've known me all my life but that particular part will forever be a secret as far as they're concerned. They're just not the types to know about that, and I sure as heck wouldn't feel comfortable talking about it.

Hi Kelli. I experienced something similar with some so-called friends last month. They started laying into me, telling me the only way is science etc. Needless to say, I have since removed myself from these so-called friends, as through their comments, they showed little respect for my individuality - they were very black/white in their thinking, so I can empathise. On another note, I rarely engage with people on social networking sites whom I do not know, out of self-perservation.

*Hugs*

Kelli, For what it's worth,

I read your experiences and vivid dreams on your Tribe forum, and I couldnt stop reading them! After my encounter with a fairie at 45 years old last May, I learned never to say "never" and love reading other people's experiences .

That woman will one day find out that you were right all along-- it may take until after she dies and that is sad, because life is much more beautiful when you can believe without having to wait until then!

Favorite Froud Book? Fairy Oracle Cards

Yes, that's sad when you have to hide your true self from certain people because they can't handle it. And in this woman's case, she claims to have spirit contact herself so you'd THINK she'd understand. But like one of my friends told me on the phone the other night when I talked to her about this, she said you have to be careful who you talk to, that I probably shouldn't have told her that. What's weird is that right when she said that, her TV went out...and she's told me her house is haunted too. but that's another story;)

well now..that's a fun coincidence isn't it?
I love things like that...

This person you describe sounds eerily familiar. A friend of mine joined a discussion list regarding spiritual matters, and she was ridiculed by the moderator. This person was nothing more than a hypocrite.

Dear one, you are not crazy. Take anything that anyone says with a grain of salt.

Well, there's a literally obsessed Brandon Lee fan on Myspace who believes she has a special connection with the dead Brandon, and all her blogs are about entreating him to come to her. I believe ghosts can hang around and travel, but what she's claiming is near impossible. She never knew him when he was alive but still insists they are soulmates(sigh). and they think I'M wacko!

By any chance is this woman named Sheta Kaey? My friend used to be on her discussion list on Yahoo. This person is deeply troubled.

No, her name is Kelly Lenigan. She sent me a letter yesterday claiming Brandon Lee's GHOST emailed and text messaged her, saying he loved her because his wife-to-be Eliza had remarried. Why her when he's NEVER met her in person while he was alive? And why her even if he's a ghost and he can supposedly get around and go to different people(I'm just conjecturing here). Worse, I asked her if she was sure it was him and not just some guy pretending to be him because she has a LOT of fans who've named their page after him. She wrote back "Leave me alone! People don't understand how much I love him!" It was like she didn't even read the rest of my letter or respond to it. She's literally got tunnel vision, and I've decided there's no point talking to her anymore because she's just plain crazy!

Hmm, that's interesting. The woman I'm thinking of claims that the spirit of Brandon Lee is her lover. Her real name is Julie, however.

I had this happen with the spirit of Erik whom a lot of people have seen, but this one girl claimed only SHE had been promised his undying love and even claimed to have had a ring slipped on her finger at the Madeline church across from the Opera..then later admitted her friend who was with her could have done it while she knelt at the alter with her head bowed. I admit, ghosts CAN come to people and have but to claim that a famous one has chosen YOU as their ONLY love is *******T!!!

I hate to barge in on your conversation, but under the circumstances I feel it's necessary, since one of your members here is talking about me behind my back (talk about hypocrites?). Rest assured, however, that I have no intention of stirring up trouble.

All I really want to say are these points:

1) I have never claimed that the spirit of Brandon Lee is my lover. Please supply proof of this accusation. (I *have* said that my spirit companion resembles him. This is no secret.)

2) Supplying or using a person's real name online (or even half of it) without their consent is at the very least unethical. Plus, "Sheta Kaey" is my professional name and as such, references to me as "deeply troubled" could have a negative impact on my work and my professional life.

3) Disparaging a person without enabling her to defend herself is also unethical, and in very poor taste.

4) Possibly worst of all, these accusations all originate with an individual prone to jumping to conclusions and reacting emotionally without ever giving the other person a chance to clarify themselves. I take exception to the lot.

With these issues in mind, I request that the moderators remove this thread. You can reach me at sheta@rendingtheveil.com if you have any need to do so.

Thank you.
Sheta Kaey

Favorite Froud Book? none in particular

I apologize to you Sheta for offending you and agree that the moderators should remove this thread. You can all hate me now and expell me as she has done. Apparently I'm a mental case that everybody hates and should just sequester myself in my house from now on.

Kelli,

As per my email to you just now -- You did not offend me whatsoever. It was the user cyan_windsinger who used my name and made disparaging comments.

Sheta

Favorite Froud Book? none in particular

I just saw this...forgive my mistaken identity and overreaction. It was Elaine who deleted me, not you, lol! All that drama for nothing.

Geez...that was what I told you over on your "leaving" thread. I swear I seem to be cursed with people not hearing me it happens all the frickin' time!

LOL

I'm sorry Laiste! I didn't mean to seem like I was ignoring you, and I appreciate all your advice and support!::hugs::

Oh it's OK Kelli..it's just typical for me this lifetime...I always seem to have trouble being heard. I could be yelling at the top of my lungs (?) and still people wouldn't hear me. My BF is constantly making fun of me because of it.

Moderator, please don't let someone who doesn't even post here normally, start dictating what should and shouldn't be posted. Even IF her name was used in a negative light, she herself made it worse by making a big deal of it. The only thing that will hurt her "business", is her own ego.

Sincerely,
Only an Observer.

"The demand to be loved is the greatest of all arrogant presumptions." ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

"When you look at yourself from a universal standpoint, something inside always reminds or informs you that there are bigger and better things to worry about." ~ Albert Einstein

Ok I'm confused. Granted i've only skimmed over this, but from how i see it, kelli got upset coz someone blocked her using a someone else's username......
the blocking was not explained and so kelli got upset.....but then the blocker got mad, for not having things explained about her properly...when she hadnt explained why she'd blocked kelli in the first place.
It all seems very trivial. I suggest everyone goes offline for a week and experience the outdoors then you'll come back with a fresh perspective on whats really important in life.
dont let things get to you so easily, thats directed to everyone. misunderstandnings happen so frequently online, and when it really comes down to it, whether someone online likes you or not is of little importance, its the people you see everyday that you should try to get along with.
anyway, if any of you are going to faerieworlds, i'd love to meet you in person, and give you a big hug, and then suggest we go roll down a grass bank or something. :D
x
p.s. i realise my opinions here have not been put as gently as i may have attempted in the past. maybe i'm encouraging everyone to be a little bit stronger. i mean no offence in anything i say, i just believe in being direct (but not brutal)
blessed be chums

I know I want to meet you Pixietech the next time I go, which will be in two more years I'm afraid thanks to Paris next May. Not only does strolling down a grassy bank sound good, but dancing gleefully in the full moonlight spinning glowing things to magical music!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis