World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interpretation please

This was a godawful horrible nightmare I had last night, the most physical it could get! I literally woke up crying and shaking. First, I left this comfortable house where I lived with a lot of other people and somehow got lost in the middle of an endless body of water. I stood on a small block of cement just big enough for my feet and just knew I was going to be swallowed by this water. I've never been so scared in my life! I fell off and it was FREEZING COLD! The water was also blue/grey and dark so you couldn't see ANYTHING. I don't know what was more frightening, falling into it, or looking out from my post and seeing nothing but this endless plain that was already up to almost my feet. THEN, I somehow get out and find myself in a room full of people I'm babbling to, trying to tell my story. One idiot suggested I try LSD and I say, ARE YOU KIDDING??? I'm trying to CALM DOWN, not get WORSE! Then we all go outside and ride this little train with no top and it's nighttime. We go past a bridge and I see this small car fall into icy water just like I did, and I tell everybody that's like what happened to me but on a much bigger scale. Then something even worse happens...some guy comes at me on the left with a big syringe and shoots me in the leg! I felt EXCRUCIATING continuous pain that makes it feel like it's swelling like a balloon and wonder what the heck is gonna happen to me! I ask him why, and he says, "for the better". How can THIS be better? I wake up then and miraculously my leg is completely normal, no pain at all but my brain and emotions are a complete mess for a couple hours till I can get to sleep again. Then I just have a calm dream about being in a house with my parents, one of who's been dead for ten years. Did I go through a cruel initiation of some kind?

Re: Interpretation please

I dunno...I'm not any good with dream interpretation, sorry. But I will say that if it felt like an initiation than perhaps it was. Here are some thoughts I had while reading it...take them or leave them as you like (since like I said I'm not any good at this!) Do you feel like things in life are getting out of control or overwhelming? that could be the encroaching sea. The universe always takes care of us and that is how you ended up safe in a room. But you couldn't let go of the sea (things going out of control). You kept on talking about it trying to share your experience... "for the better" might have been to get you to return to your body and wake up? So how about relax, let go and let the universe take care of you...Anyways that is how I would interpret it for myself. I hope it helps you somehow.

Speaking of odd dreams (with trains)...
I had a dream about being on a train trip and the container of mustard I was smuggling in my luggage dripped all over all of my packed clothes. So the train stopped and I ran to the bathroom and washed it all off and tried to save what little mustard that was in the jar still (there was a fridge in the bathroom at the train station that I placed it in???). Then I ran back and made it onto the train, still feeling stressed and worried about the mustard being found. Then it shifted to a dream about being in a garden and all the plants had powdery mildew, they were all dying and I was trying to save them but i knew it was too late...

No worries

Ok, so basically this dream is kind of a bad omen dream. Usually dreams involving floods or large bodies of water are kind of these prophetic about your fate, and not usually trivial or anything you can avoid.

The cement is an important symbol, it has to do with manifest reality, loosing four footing on reality and disappearing into the icey water is pretty serious. You may be heading for a rather cold emotional state of being/ dimension. Sharpen your knives, keep your house clean. Cold floods are very difficult. I'm sorry, it is very difficult.

You might even go a bit mad. The left-leg (of your journey) is your spiritual path, and the right-leg is your worldly path. It is likely that a person may hurt you with either a nasty needling manner, or by actually administering drugs, possibly a doctor prescribing 'mental health' medications. However, you were already out of the water by this point (you had your wits).

Beware! Safeguard against the ice water. Do everything practical magic you can to make sure your home is warm, heating is functioning, stove is clean, the rain can't come in the windows, you have enough warm clothes etc.

Although the ice water is probably unavoidable, one variable here is the point where you cry and confide in others. It might actually be advisable to keep your suffering to yourself and guard against revealing your vulnerability. Be very careful about how well you know people and whom you can trust.

Hmm. Well, the good news is that you do get out of the water, so even if you feel miserable and 'cold' in the future you know that it will get better . Also, it is just possible that the second half of the sufferings in the dream can be avoided.

Of course, the other possibility is that these events have already occured at some stage in your history and you need to a learn from the dream so you don't have to repeat the same lessons. In any case, I would trust in the process. I believe that everything happens for a reason.

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

Re: No worries

Priestess I have a confession that will probably explain the cold water part. I've had to cut off a rocky relationship with a guy from the past two years (which I've been doing gradually). I've also felt guilty about going to see him recently and have religeous fanatics put guilt trips on me that I'd better stop sleeping with a man outside of wedlock or I'll be condemned by God to hell when I die. I even had one friend tell me if I go back to him, it's like I'm giving myself to the devil! So I told him I can't see him anymore. Whether or not the latter is true I sure as hell hope not! But I'mnot taking chances. So now I have to live without love, maybe that's the coldness. And I DO feel out of control, that I can't make a choice without being miserable one way or the other.

Laiste, your dream is very eccentric.

Trains are usually about journeys, trains of thought, and they are public transport so usually being on a train is kind of like being in-sync with the zeitgeist. But your train has a ceiling, so it's less of an intense connection with the mass consciousness then in the other dream (where the train had no ceiling).

Rather than going on anyone else's interpretation, because everyone's dream-code is different, I recommend finding associations to the mustard etc. Just fire out the first three that come to mind and see what fits best. Anyway, here's my interpretation.

Unfortunately this seems to be like you are trying to keep the mustard secret. In my experience, mustard is usually aligned with clairaudience (known to laymen as schizophrenia), and with the healthy ego, aligned with the solar-plexis and the colour yellow. Seems like issues with your identity are affecting the way you appear (your clothes) in public (on the train).

I'm not sure about the necessity of secrecy here, I mean everyone loves mustard, and it's not a crime to have some.

If the problem is what I think it is, then here is a practical magic solution. Eat fish, take fish oil, and vitamin B complex. If you are vegetarian, then take flaxseed oil instead. These medicines improve clairaudience control. Eating nuts will also be good for you. Worry strains and depletes the mind. Think brain-food.

Watch 'The Mask' starring Jim Carey. He is also clairaudient.

Wear hats and scarves or hoods proudly.

I want to ask you some question, retoric really. Have you been so busy keeping up appearances that you have neglected your inner-self? Do you think that other people are not like you?

A mouldering garden is so sad. Your garden is your inner-heaven, or sanctuary. People say powdery mildew is really hard to get rid of. It is often caused by poor drainage, basically, stagnant water (ie emotional/spiritual energy). Perhaps you can avoid the problem by investing some time going within, and doing things to get your chi' moving.

Once I had powdery mildew on my roses, and aphids. The roses were planted in the wrong place with no drainage. I poured home-made garlic insecticide over the rose buses to get rid of the aphids, and around the roots to get rid of nematodes. The powdery mildew just vanished like magic!

Perhaps garlic would help you too.

I hope this helps.

Oh God!

Oh god, you poor thing!

It could be that you are buying too much into the religion because you actually do want to get married and have a traditional relationship. I don't know, do you?

Were you trapped in a limited sexual relationship and lacking in emotional/spiritual connection? Hmm. We need the cement, the reality. you need to know the truth.

In any case, I would like to quote Francesca De Grandis by saying 'SEX IS MORALLY GOOD AND HOLY'! It's a really good phrase for you to write down and stick up somewhere where you will see it everyday. If it is distasteful too you, all the more reason to do it.

Sometimes sex can be like a spider ooh a mans hand all over us. Scarey-hairy. But if you were a lady spider, then you better get over your arachnophobia by exposing yourself to the spiders. Just like spiders need spiders, human being need t otouch, and be touched by other human beings.

Good luck and God bless. Well done for facing your demons.

- Light.

LOL yes my dreams are often very eccentric...I stopped trying to look them up in dream books ages ago!

Thank you for interpreting it Priestess, you got a lot of it right on!
I'd already gotten the B vitamin message (it kept popping up in life and then I unconsciously bought a bunch of food that are high in B vitamins) I take cod liver oil everyday (when I remember to) however I recently lowered my dosage of it.

I do hear things (or I used to I haven't lately) I remember hearing singing among a willow grove once and no one else was there and I used to hear my name being called quite frequently (I'd turn and no one was there, I could swear I'd feel the fae laughing at me...I think it was a game!) but for the past few years I've been in a relationship with someone that doesn't nurture or believe in that part of my life (he thinks I just make it up) so...that can make it hard since it was such a huge part of my life before.
And then the keeping up outer appearances would have to be me smiling and being upbeat even tho I've been unemployed for a long time now and every day I fight off depression/worry/anxiety over that.
But I do fight it off...but that's not going to go away until I'm financially stable and "successful" again.
Oh and I'll keep the garlic in mind...

Thanks again! you did a great!

Ugh.

Oh God, I wish people would let us be ourselves, especially ourselves.

I'm so glad that I figured out the mustard thing. Umm, you may want to check the cod liver oil, I think it's high in vitamins, but bit necessarily the omega 3 in other fish oils that are good for your brain. I'm not sure, you may want to check that.

I guess something has to give in your relationship, and I hope it's your partener, giving you encouragement and support!

Cheers, you are wonderful, thanks for such great feedback.

Re: Oh God!

It's kinda complicated...I lived with this man for about a year before I kicked him out for alcoholism, not having a car, womanizing, satanism and basic incompatibility. But I was still attracted to him and in the last few months we've visited off and on. I knew I couldn't live with him again so I tried striking a compromise. He also grew to love me and start treating me better, and didn't drink half as much. But I still don't trust him and know because of the other stuff he's into that we can't get closer. So yes, you're right, it was mostly a physical thing with very little emotional connection so it's better if I end it completely anyway.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis