World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Shifting Energies

Fellow Froudians,

Boy, I don't know about you all, but I've noticed another shift in the energy here lately. I know we're all struggling to get by in this tough economy and for some of us this is the only place that we can find a little peace, so lets keep the energy up beat and on the positive side, ok?! After all, we all know that if we dwell on the negitive, we attract the negitive to us.

What do you all think?

I'm so sensitive to energy shifts that it's hard to even post when it's like this.... but I try. :0)

Keeping the light,
Dragonfly

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Re: Shifting Energies

That's easy for me to do despite everything because I'm concentrating on the joy of two upcoming trips, one to Paris next May and one to the Oregon coast in just a few weeks. Going to Yachats(Kelly, remember you telling me about Perpetua Bay? Going there too since it's right next to it) to see the Sea Lion caves, then off to Newport, then Seaside and Vancouver Washington/Portland, Oregon. I'll also be making a side trip to Astoria to two haunted mansions, one open and one closed to see what's up;)

Kelli,

That sure does sound like an awesome trip! I do hope you'll fill us in when you get back!

Good wishes for a safe journey,
Dragonfly

I agree Dragonfly. It seems to have being getting more negative here lately - the media etc may be full of doom and gloom, however, we have a choice how much we allow that to impact on us. For instance, with reiki, I can use reiki to help to manifest what I want in my life. Yes, life means having some stumbling blocks along the way, however it is important not to allow those stumbling blocks, drag us down - by focusing on where we want to be, and how to get there, can help us in the interim, whilst thriving towards that goal. Also, even when striving towards that goal, it is important to live in the moment, as nothing in life is certain, and this place and time is the only thing that is certain.

Seems like y'all need a little dose of CORI!

Orna,

Thanks for your thoughts. I love the energy healing arts, like Reiki, Pranic, etc. They really teach you something about the way energy flows. When I took classes for Pranic Healing years ago, I was amazed at how this opened my entire view of the way energy is handled and processed. It also opened me up to shifts in energy that I would have probably never noticed before.

Much love,
Dragonfly

Cori,

I missed you girl - where you been?! How's the new job going? And the wedding plans?

Much love,
Dragonfly

Hey Dragonfly!

I don't really love my new job, but I do love the pay and the benefits, so it'll do. I interviewed for a teaching job yesterday. I've also found another teaching job I am going to apply for if I don't hear anything back about this one. I'm going wedding dress shopping sometime in the next couple of weeks! Yikes! It is getting closer. I got my fiance's ring. It is gorgeous! It's tungsten with a laser-engraved Celtic braid design. Cost me a pretty penny, but he's worth it.

How are things with you, my Lovely Lady Dragonfly?

I am so sorry I have neglected my lovely Froudian friends! I love you all!

Cori,

I missed you and love you too! I'm glad to hear you're keeping your options open, job-wise, but are sticking with what you got until something better comes along. Good luck with those teaching positions!

Oooh shopping for a wedding dress!!!! What fun!!!! Your hubby-to-be's ring sounds really awesome! I'm sure he's going to love it! Of course, he loves you, so he's sure to love the ring too! :0)

I've been sooo freaking busy... yard work, house work, writing deadlines - that I missed! oops! lol! I've been having some health issues, but I manage to keep a positive outlook no matter what - it helps me to heal myself and also just deal with the pain at times. Well, speaking of house work - I've got tons to do so I'd better get to it!!!

Much love,
Dragonfly

hmm this could've been me (Mea Culpa) I've been fighting with depression a lot and recently (earlier this week) it got me. And I know I'm good at projection so...
But I think I have it under control again and I'll stay away if it starts to overwhelm me again (really the last thing I need when I'm in that state is to stare at the computer screen anyways...LOL my guides just told me that!)

Sorry if I caused anyone any distress!

Laiste,

We all go through those down-swings. Sometimes we need others to help pull us up. I don't think it was any one person, per sa. I think it was an over-all energy from the group. I've noticed it before and would lurk until it righted itself, but we were going on several weeks and well, I hate to lurk for that long. lol!

With much love,
Dragonfly

Well I know I at least contributed to it and for that I'm sorry!

you know the funny thing about my down turns like that is that I can always feel/hear my guides scrambling to help me, but I turn into this little five year old pouting ("No! I don't want to feel better! Let me wallow for a while! I hate it all! Wahhh! I'll eat this whole chocolate torte, then when the sugar rush crashes I'll feel even worse!") isn't that horrible?
OK now that you know how truly odd I am I'll leave!

Don't leave, Laiste...

Speaking about indulging the dark side... I do the same thing. Usually, what I find helps is to fully engage my down-mood for a specified time. Like 10 minutes, 30 minutes, an hour - whatever time you think you'll need - and I really let it all out. If I feel like crying, I'll do it then. If I feel like screaming, I'd do that too. Whatever I feel is necessary to help me feel better, I'll do that for a specified time and once that time is up, I really do feel better. It's a little trick that a spiritual guru once shared with me and it really works. lol!

Hey, if you ever want to talk - outside a public formum, you can find me at...

http://www.myspace.com/dragonflyfairie76

Just be sure to let me know it's you when you request me as a friend. lol!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Oh no I wasn't leaving leaving...just wandering away from my computer for awhile...and entering my RL.

Thanks for the invitation Dragonfly, that is super sweet and made me feel happy! I don't do myspace, facebook or any of those social networking things though. I just started blogging about a month ago and that is all I can handle!

Laiste,

I was just being cheeky! I was on here at about the same time you were.. hehehe. Anyway, if you want to just email back and forth we could always do that instead!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Thank you for sharing. I have felt more of a shift in energies with the turn of seasons lately. I thought it was just Autumn. Are you guys in the southern hemisphere, or up north?

Anyway, I've had a fair slice of misery pizza myself recently, and things are a little chaotic.

I'm also rediscovering things that I love, which I had forgotten, like ginger-snaps and sarsaparilla, and writing novelty songs. I'm giving myself permission to love the nice nice guy and to let him love me. I'm also sanctioning getting filthy stinkin' rich, I call the black Dragon and can do no wrong. If I go down, it'll be with pockets full of gold, or knickers full of notes, and perhaps a very decent pretty ring on my finger.

Stimulating the economy

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

Well, it's spring time here and everything is bright, and new, and shiny. A beautiful, magical time of year... although I happen to think every season is beautiful and magical. :0)

Can't blame it on the seasons then.

sigh

Hiya
Laiste, Dragonflys Wallowing allowance time is a great idea and its really good. My sister recommended it to me once. Obviously with true depression, its an elongated thing that you cant really put time on. BUT, you can force yourself to do it still in those times. Allow yourself an evening of indulgence and wallowing, then pre arrange to meet a friend to go to the cinema, or if you feel yourself sitting being miserable and not wanting to do anything (i felt that way recently) Force yourself to go for a walk somewhere pretty. When u feel you dont want to cheer up, thats the time to say, right. 10 more minutes of this, then im going to the shops, doing some baking that sort of thing. :)
As for positive energy, Im having a great time! Im travelling the globe meeting excellent people. I go through really unlucky periods, which end up being quite expensive, and then i go through very lucky stages, where i meet amazing people who help me out and make life easier.
Ive met some truly good samaritons on my way, that really restore my faith in human nature. And in these hard economic times, people are happier to do things for others at no charge.
Ive stayed with someone in Sydney for a month for free, (a friend of a friend) A lady i never met, but who is a froudian and a friend of a friend again, handcrafted me a native american style flute as a gift! It was a very spiritual thing as well, and im ever so greatful to have this flute as a travel companion with my totem animals on it. Its beautiful. ill link some pictures at some point.
I also met a guy, (a friend of a friend of a friend!) at a bar, and talking about my travels, he offered me that to ensure i get to do all the things i want to do on this trip, if i get stuck, i could call him and he would wire me money. I only met him that once, and the only condition was that i keep him up to date with my travels. Of course it would be a loan, but just the offer is so generous.
what else.... little things, like getting on a bus that wont accept notes, and so someonell give me the change for the bus ticket. ive had that sort of thing a few times. Its little kindesses like that which can mean all the world!
Well i think ive written a plenty long enough post! Sorry about that!
sending positive energy towards the forum! :D
X

I forgot to mention this awesome bloke i met on the over night train from melbourne to sydney. We chatted most of the night, about things you can very rarely talk about to your closest friends! he was such a mellow chilled out slightly stinky hippy type. really made the journey pleasurable. he recommended a book to me by Tom Brown jr. called Grandfather, which im definately going to read.
I also have some issues im dealing with emotionally. but i refuse to let them get to me. some evenings i dwell on it and allow a few tears before bed. but thats it. if anything, its an issue i dont know quite why it still affects me. its very silly. My ex is getting married this summer, and im upset that now i feel i may be ready to be friends again, but now really isnt a time that he could be friends with me.understandably so. i dont know why it bothers me so. Maybe because Im still looing for mr right, but more likely, that i didnt realise wed become strangers whilst i had cut him out of my life to help me get over him. ah well. we have all the time in the world. and im very much enjoying this world and all it has to offer! even if its not offering jobs at the moment! haha
My apostrophe doesnt work on this keyboard. sorry about that guys!

For depression, I recommend peeling a raw onion everyday for eight days, layer by layer. If that doesn't do it, eat a raw salad onion, layer by layer, or bung it in a salad which taste better to most people. You have to do the whole onion, otherwise it doesn't work.

The intent is to peel back superficial layers of negative insulating emotions in which one 'wallows' to avoid facing the real issue, and training your mind into the process. To learn to brave your emotional layers, just like you taste the raw onion.

Resolve the issues with forgiveness, gratitude and acceptance.

If forgiveness is very tricky, ask the divine to forgive the people that hurt you.

Works wonders for freeing the spirit.

How about this instead of the onion...
I could make a chocolate truffle lollipop and dip it mutliple times in different chocolate toppings visualizing the "negative insulating emotions" for each layer and as I eat it (licking the layers off layer by layer) I could visualize the negativity being embraced and forgiven in the taste of yummy chocolate, and aided by the anti-depressants present in the chocolate...
whaddya think?

Everything's better with chocolate!

Laiste,

I love your idea... much better than crying over an onion. lol! Unless of course, you need an excuse to cry... then an onion is the perfect excuse. :0) Oh and I heard from a chef once that if you chew gum while cutting an onion, it helps with side-effects. I haven't tried it, because I never have gum around, but next time I do, I certainly will give it a go.

Besides, if I have to choose between an onion and chocolate... well, chocolate makes you feel better no matter what, so I'd definitely stick with that one. I mean, the intent is the same, right?

Much love,
Dragonfly

I could never do the eating part of an onion, as onions trigger my IBS - after having an onion, you certainly would not want to be around me

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis