World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need your prayers and good vibes

I don't know about the rest of America, but here in Colorado we're about to have an enormous walkout strike in all of our major grocery stores because the bosses want to cut people's pensions by over half and cut wages, too. Sadly I will have to be a strike breaker because of the way they're working the benefits - I wouldn't have any left if it lasts over a month due to some time I had to take off. The last strike in this area was disastrous - it ended in a lockout and they fired all the strikers. We all need our jobs very badly, especially in this economy, and I hope that they can bring this thing to a close quickly but come Sunday it's going to get really hairy around here.

Re: need your prayers and good vibes

Love, love, love and good vibes for all of my sweet friends and their loved ones who are struggling right now.

The public sector in Ireland have had their pensions cut quite significantly, as well as increases on income tax, many people have had pay cuts, as well as hours cut - there are quite a significant number of people who are now working 3 day weeks here, which is definitely a lot better than being unemployed, although far from ideal. Unfortunately in Ireland, for those claiming jobseekers allowance, there is a six month backlog, so those who don't have any savings at all, and/or were not entitled to a redundancy package, due to length of service, things are dire.

I hope all works out well for you *hugs*. Try to visualise that things will work out ok, which can help you in the interim.

been there! It is sooo hard to go through this and to break the line is even harder. hugs hon, hope it all works out for you.

I don't suppose you get good "scab" wages in the meantime?

Tink,

((((((((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))))))))))
and good vibes coming your way!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Pyrian
I don't suppose you get good "scab" wages in the meantime?

Not to my knowledge but the people they're bringing in off the street for the duration get over $10 an hour - that's more than I make and I've been there over three years!

Way to reward loyalty.

Good luck there Tink! I imagine it's got to be tough. At least you are looking out for yourself!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis