World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Anyone Have Any Idea What This Could Be?

One day last week, I was coming down the stairs at work, and was walking towards my office. I was looking to the side of my desk, and it seemed there was a being sitting on my chair, however, as often happens, once I looked in the direction of my chair, there was nothing there. It looked like what you see in the duster or hoover ads, of being a dust mite, but on a larger scale, and a lot darker. Naturally, I don't want to attract him, as he is not from the light. I did a room cleansing this morning though - so much easier to do when one of my colleagues is not here, lol. Even though I know I do not want to attract him, am curious as what this creature was.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries & The Oracle

Re: Anyone Have Any Idea What This Could Be?

Also, to add, that the building I work in, is an old georgian building, so there would be a lot of energy in the building alone.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries & The Oracle

I don't know what it was...I'm glad you got rid of it tho (you did, didn't you?)

This made me think of a story in Ursula K Le Guin's book Always Coming Home about a tick man that attached himself to a woman and started sucking her dry (kind of like an emotional vampire)...until someone came along and kicked him out of her life. It's been a long time since I've read that book, but that story stuck with me.
I don't think that has anything to do with your situation but...I just felt like sharing.

Oooh, Laiste, your comment reminded me of that Dr. Who episode where Donna had that thing stuck on her back - leaching from her memories..... oooh, ick!!!! :0)

Sorry, Orna, I can't help either - I don't have any idea what that could have been. I think you did the right thing though by smudging.

Thanks guys. Wasn't smudging - no smoking in public buildings, includes other types of smoke, due to fire regulations . Anyway, the clearing I did, was saying a little verse invoking the angels of space clearing, and that anything not of light and love would be repelled etc.

Interesting situation, Orna. At one of my old jobs, we used to experience very similar sightings... but it was general knowledge among all employees there (former ones, too) that the shop was haunted. What you saw reminds me of two things. The instance when my boss saw the form of a woman sitting in his desk chair; he was walking past his office and saw this through the door window. It also reminds me of the shadow figures we saw running around down the aisles all the time.

With all due respect to your beliefs, I personally don't see all dark, undiscernible figures as being bad energy. Yours may be a different case from what I've experienced, of course, but with our sightings, nobody ever felt the shadow figures were threatening. We suspected it was remaining energies of past employees; if so, they had the right to be there too. It was a good business to work for, like having a second family, so I understand why deceased employees - if that's who they were - would want to "stick around" a place they knew and loved.

What you saw may not be a ghost, so of course if you feel your positive energies are threatened, then definitely take whatever spiritual and cleansing actions that you see fit! I just had to throw my 2 cents in because I feel that hauntings (if it is the case) are too quickly labeled as being negative.

Thanks NR. Not sure if it was a haunting as such, but as my clairvoyant senses etc are opening up more, I feel it is important to protect myself more, as the more open I am, negative entities are more likely to attach themselves. I have always felt a negative vibe in the building though, to be honest. The building goes back to circa 1800's.

The first thing I thought of when I read your storey was tick. I strongly recommend putting some mentholated spirits in your mopping-up water, and also wiping your chairs down with it. Ticks hate metho. Also works well for head-lice/zombies.

Whenever I'm in a place with stacks of bad vibes I use hematite. I generally keep a ball in a bowel of water in my room, which seems to absorb and cleanse the negative energy.

If the vibes are really, really bad then burning black candles with the intent of transforming the stagnant energies works. If it's just a bit seedy then grey candles are good.

Just be careful not to take responsibility for curing the whole problem with the building. Give the problem to the divine/ creator/ goddess/ god whatever you wanna call it.

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

Hi Orna!
I think that what you did was perfect! But I just remember this little trick I used to do in places that I couldn't burn candles etc. I used to carry around a little packet of salt (from a restaurant) and if I needed to do an emergency cleansing I'd bless the salt, pour it into some water and sprinkle it around, saying whatever blessing came to mind as appropriate.

A rosemary sprig works to help disspell negativity too...and it's scent is invigorating so it'll help you stay awake at work!

Laiste,

WHAT A GREAT IDEA!!!! Thanks for sharing *I'll be putting some salt in my purse now*

So, I have a question, it was posed to me by a friend, but thought I'd see what other ideas we might come up with... how would you go about cleansing a place that's not really a place in the physical? Like a forum or someplace where lots of people gather on-line.

Much love,
Dragonfly

I would send reiki to it myself :D. Did you really have to ask, lol

I would...hmm LOL I don't know what I would do....
here are some ideas that popped into my head (not sure how they'd work tho)
-Flood the site with white light and positive intentions.
-write some sort of affirmation and place it near my computer to ensure that I was centered and positive in everything I was doing online (hey this is a good one! I think I'll try it!)
-Visualize the site as a place in some other realm (like the astral) and then thoroughly cleanse it there.

That's a fun question...I'll have to ponder it some more.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis