World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hobbits Found...

Saw a special on this the other night and saw this link today. Thought I'd share it with you all. I found it fascinating.

Ancient 'hobbit' humans new species after all: study
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.5d35a082f9b541434fdfee1c21668d97.4b1&show_article=1

Any thoughts?!

Dragonfly

Re: Hobbits Found...

Wanted to add that link again here as two lines - I noticed it didn't "wrap" the text. Sorry.... You may want to paste it to a text pad and then copy it as one link. :0)

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.5d35a082
f9b541434fdfee1c21668d97.4b1&show_article=1

Awesome article! I took an archaeology class and an evolutionary biology class in college. I've always been fascinated by the many tiny little branch-offs in our evolutionary tree.

Hi Dragonfly!
Thanks for sharing that.
It is so interesting, we really know so little about our evolutionary past...I love it when things like this come along! I majored in Anthropology/Archaeology and it has always amazed me how much information we can get from remains...but a lot of what archaeologists/paleoanthropologists do is educated guesswork and using their intuition and arguing.
There are so many mysteries about how we evolved...why we went bipedal, why there is so much variation, what separates us from other animals (does anything really?) etc.

I still love reading about it!

You're gonna think I'm crazy.... I too have always had an interest in archeology and such, so I started reading Zechariah Sitchin. He has a theory about us all coming from aliens - they seeded this planet, lived here for a while, and basically because they needed to "slaves" to mine the planet, and after several failed attempts they created man to do the dirty work, etc. I found it really interesting and it amazed me how much evidence is actually out there to support this theory. Right down to ancient carvings in the pyramids showing god-like figures with wings - or what looks like a flight suit! lol! Anyway, this kinda fits with that - maybe the hobbits were one of their attempts.... I don't know.... none of us do... but it is interesting and intriguing to ponder. lol!

Much love,
Dragonfly

Like my dad always said, "It's arrogant of humans to think that there isn't life among the stars."

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis