World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Happy Mother's Day

To all the human mothers out there and the earth mother who watches over all.

Re: Happy Mother's Day

yes! Happy Mother's Day! To everyone that is a mother or mother type figure! And of course to Mother Earth!
(I say that because I know women that give as much as mothers do but they aren't or can't be "true" mom's...I think they deserve recognition on today too...)

Happy Mother's Day to all who are or could be mothers or mothering figures.

I got the coolest gift a mother could ask for today. My 14 year old daughter spent the weekend with my sister volunteering for the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure Breast Cancer race. Today on the way to pick her up my 11 year old son said "I really miss Emma." It was a random statement not in response to a question and said with all sincerity. How cool is that?

May you all be blessed with someone who loves you today and everyday.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries

They say, I am a faerie

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

I'm a day late on this one... but I just wanted to wish everyone a happy mothers day - I hope you all had a wonderful one.

And this is not just for the typical moms, but also those that are moms to their friends, their friends' kids, their animals, their husbands, boyfriends... we all get honored today, because women everywhere take care of others in some small/or large way!

Blessings to you all!
Dragonfly

Mother's Day, here in Ireland, was back in March - I wonder why the differing dates now, despite being the same celebration.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries & The Oracle

I'm not sure about the difference in dates...it doesn't really make any sense.
I think we should celebrate every holiday that exists! wouldn't that be fun?!
I dreamt last night that I was looking at a calendar that said christ's birthday was march 13th (I think) and I remember thinking in my dream.."cool you get two christmases!"

You PL are very fae! I can tell from your posts!

Laiste

I dreamt last night that I was looking at a calendar that said christ's birthday was march 13th (I think) and I remember thinking in my dream.."cool you get two christmases!"
Actually, you may be right! Jesus was born in spring because it was warm enough for the flocks to be in the fields. The church changed the date to try to cover up the Birth of the Sun (birth of the Son) and Saturnalia

Tink,

You are so very right. They changed the day of celebration to edge in the idea of Christ, taking over and edging out the pagan holiday. Tricky - but I guess it worked.

Dragonfly

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis