World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Calling all faeries and thier ilk - photography opportunity!

Greetings my fabulous lovers of fae ( and fae alike) !

Well, I was sat with my business partner this rainy morning debating what our first photo project should be. ( we have created a little photo studio here in the English Northwest ) Of course its wedding season (blah..) and there is always a call for glamour portraits and the like. But I want to do something really colourful, really lively and wherever possible..magical and spiritual. I was flipping thru the pages of F.A.E magazine ( a swell read) and it struck me..Why dont we gather up some faerie lovers and find a great venue (Im thinking..woods, or anywhere natural and possibly with a variety of natural 'backgrounds' ) and we have a fun faerie fete with maybe 7-15 lovelies. All in celebration of creativity, of passion, and especially.. Midsummers Eve.

So where would I find such folk? Hmmmm..you can imagine that immediately all of you came to mind. So consider this my intitial invitation - and forum gods, please dont think this is some shallow attempt at marketing..I am doing this first and formost for Creativity's sake. Are we asking for money? My gut says no..I think if we did it would be purely for travel expenses..I am assuming that to gather the right sort we will need to leave the industrial surrounds of Manchester and venture to..Devon maybe? So thats quite a jaunt. Its worth discussing.

So..what do we need?
Faeries. Elves. Goblins. And everything in between. Of all ages.
Costumes/wings/props...if you have them, please bring them because we havent got any at moment. Ill be trying to get us a makeup/hair person closer to the date.

All Im asking for right now is a number of people in England (or who will be in England in June) probably in the south or willing to travel as we are to the south..once we know if we actually have enough interest, then we can work out the fine details.

But know this!
Everyone who participates will get a cd of the entire shoot, edited if you wish. Then you can use the images as you see fit.
Everyone who participates will get full credit on our website - so you can be proud!
Everyone who participates will have fun!

There is a high chance there will be food and beverage at this event - because it is a celebration!

Anyone have any questions - direct them to me,
Annastaciasimon@live.co.uk (Annastacia Simon = DPA)

So what do you say guys? Even if its a 'heck no!' Let me know? I think this would be brilliant fun!

love and thanks
DPA

studiolotus.co.uk (if you are interested in our business end)

Favorite Froud Book? GF/BF

Re: Calling all faeries and thier ilk - photography opportunity!

Holy Moly, that would be great fun, DPA! What a fab idea! Wish I could attend but I'm in the US and well, don't have the funds for a trip right now.

Love the idea though!
Always,
Dragonfly

Thanks for your feedback love!

Favorite Froud Book? GF/BF

Hi
I live in the northwest too! Shame I'm too ill to do it. Plus I don't look much like a fae (22 year old boy). I'm more of a tinkering pixie I think!

Anyway good look. Fae magazine is great, i always get ideas for drawings from it.

Just wondering if this happened or not -- I know I'd be interested is seeing whatever images were produced...

Make that two of us.

I would also love to see what you all created.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis