World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Please help me

I feel like I'm loosing my mind. I can barely think, let alone write.

I finally resolve to move on with my life, I find a new guy, then 'the love of my life' comes waltzing back in, promising everything and nothing at the same time.

How can I find my happy ending? Where is my faith? I'm so confused, and I think I have the flu.

If anyone could give me a reading or other kind of help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks Faeries.

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

Re: Please help me

It sounds like you don't completely trust this "love of your life" (LOYL, lol, is LOYL loyal?). That fact strikes me because my first thought was that people are biased in FAVOR of their LOYL's and my second thought was that my old LOYL - who rejected me - I'd still totally trust without a second thought.

So, if you love that person so much, and still don't trust them, there's probably a very good reason and you shouldn't let them sweep away your attempt to build a new life.

Just my thoughts, though. Good luck and best wishes!

Hi Priestess
First off I think I agree with Pyrian....
But I'll also add the thoughts that came to me on reading your post--
you don't need to look outside of yourself for your "Happy Ending" that can only be found inside yourself (like a friend said to me once "Happiness is an inside job") and anyways there is no such thing as "the end" in life....
What I would do in your place is write it all out in a journal, that often helps me to get my thoughts and feelings straight.
In the quick reading I did for you the faeries seem to be saying to stop clinging to old secure things (thoughts feelings) and let go. You won't fall and in fact it is the clinging that is causing all the issues currently...not sure how that applies here. Loving examination of your fears is also encouraged...
Also hang out with Gaia "she is a reminder that we must ground ourselves in the reality of nature and incorporate all sides of ourselves, be they pleasant or unpleasant, light or dark"

Hope that helps you some!
Peace and Blessings

Wow! and I'm very impressed with your comment Pyrian...you helped me to see a part of myself that I hadn't noticed before.
I totally agree with you and can totally relate, even though he constantly disappointed me and I felt miserable at the end of our relationship I still go to my good old LOYL first for help on anything...sometimes even before I'll go to my current SO--not sure what that says about my current relationship...but it is a very interesting insight that I'll be chewing on for awhile.

I am presuming the "love of your life" is an ex? Usually, exes are an ex for a reason, and personally, it is important to move on. Even calling him the love of your life, indicates that there is some sort of emotional attachment there though?

Yes yes and yes. The LOYL is my ex who promised me everything and then suddenly disappeared thanks to some commitment issues. I'm worried that he's a crocodile in my mote, put there to scare off unworthy suitors, meaning that neither are any good. If the new guy is worthy, I guess he will scale my tower, and if my LOYL turns out to be a loyal human being after all, well then that's not bad either. I'm getting more clarity on the thing now.

You're right, I'm letting go. I'll leave the whole thing in the hands of destiny, somehow it will work out.

Thanks so much everybody. I'll contemplate the reading and advice.

Favorite Froud Book? The runes of Elfland

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis