World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship

I was down at the Maritime Festival in Dublin yesterday, where the tall ships were also docked, and decided to go abord the Jeanie Johnston, which is a replica of the original famine ship. It really reminded me of how far we have come, but also how lucky we really are. Even when life brings along its own challenges, I still have a roof over my head, and enough to put food on the table, and really, that is all that is important.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries & The Oracle

Re: Jeanie Johnston Famine Ship

Amen Orna,
All I have to do is look at the news for a reality check...I'm pretty grateful for the life I have...I have clean water (no shortage here yet!) a huge variety of food to chose from, and a comfortable home, so I can focus on my dreams and helping others. What more can I ask for?

BTW what exactly is a famine ship?

Talk about ironic...I wrote the above yesterday and finally yesterday I connected with a former customer of the store I used to work in...he was going to give me books for my new store, and while we were talking it came out that he's been homeless since the beginning of the year!
It kept me awake all last night trying to figure out what I can do to help him.
He has friends that are closer to him than I am, but I hate the thought of anyone I know having such a hard time. And he seems like a good guy. He used to give Reiki for barter...

Any ideas of what I could do that would not be too invasive or make him feel indebted?

Would you be open to receiving some reiki perhaps Laiste? Maybe offer some food, for instance, in exchange for reiki? How about cooking a bit more than you really need, and tell him it's left over from last night or something? I think first of all, look at what you would like to do, and then you can only offer, and the rest is up to him. I do feel people are being more humble about accepting at the moment, than they were in the past, due to the current climate etc.

That is an AWESOME idea Orna! Thank you! I was thinking about offering him food already, but was trying to figure out a way that wouldn't make him feel indebted etc. Asking for Reiki would be perfect!
Thank you again!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis