World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
when i show a froud´s painting... everybody thinks are somethig from hell!!!....

i don´t know way, but everytime someone sees a faery pic. all i get is " stupid comments". wth...
don´t they see the beautiful light that the painting has?. can´t they see it as beautiful as they are.
sometimes i think what is wrong abut them?

this is bery sad...
but people likes this paintings from catholic churche....(who to me they real look like demmmons). thats it!!!.

Favorite Froud Book? all

Re: when i show a froud´s painting... everybody thinks are somethig from hell!!!....

*sigh* the only thing I can say is just be careful who you share with. It's a human reaction to want other people to enjoy what we enjoy how we enjoy it but that's often not the case. I know exactly what you're talking about. Email me if you ever want to talk.

Re: when i show a froud´s painting... everybody thinks are somethig from hell!!!....

Tink is right. I also might add that people see and infer their own feelings and insecurities into the things that they see... it's really all about what they want to see. It is sad but a fairly typical response to things they don't (or don't want to) understand.

Remember the old saying - "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder"... and don't worry so much about what others see or don't see, as long as you enjoy it, then that's all that really matters.

Love and Light,
Dragonfly

Yes, I remember a similar reaction from one of my sisters who's not religeous but still very down to earth and practical. I showed her my Faery's Oracle book in 2004 and she flipped through it going, "that one's ok, but I don't like THAT one..." without even reading the captions to see what they were all about. She only glanced at the pictures and went with surface impressions. She just doesn't understand - some people never will. And forget talking about it to church people. They can't get past the "either angel or demon" mindset(sigh)

Having been reared in a strict Catholic family, which I personally don't adhere to, this is quite a common reaction. From my experience, people tend to fear what they don't understand. Also, based on my own experience of being reared in such an environment, one of the philosophies of the Catholic Church seem to be teachings around fear, judgment, guilt and shame.

Sometimes it is best to keep our own counsel. I remember at a family wedding type event (wasn't the official wedding, as they had got married overseas), innocently saying something about astrology to an uncle, and the negative vibes I got off him were something else.

I think this is one of the positive things about this forum, in that it is a place where we can discuss our views etc, without being ridiculed, judged etc.

Yes, I hate having to act like a different, guarded goody two shoe person in church than I do in "real" life. Not that I go much anymore, but I can feel the tension every time I do and go into "safe" mode.

I once went into a christian scrap-booking shop which sold alot of stamps, called Christina's crafts. I asked the shop assistant if they had a faerie stamp, and she said that Faerie's were from the Devil. This made me mad, and I stared at her and wished that she would close down, so I could put a Faerie shop in it's place. Pretty soon she went out of business and straight after, someone opened a Faerie shop there. It's now called 'Pixie Mischief', and they sell faerie ornaments, toys, and hold children's parties.

Generally, I think it's hard for christians to see into the Faerie realm and understand it, because they are only really encouraged to believe in Angles, God, the Devil etc, the categories are are of limited in terms of other-worldly creatures. Please don't be sad. Faerie creatures can be very scarey if you are not used to them.

They think that because they literally believe everything the bible says and think it's the ONLY truth about everything that exists. Even as a (technically) Christian myself, I'm glad it turned into a Faerie shop. I'm sure it's a lot more cheerful place too!

Also, faeries are in fact angels themselves - just earth angels

I remember what Brian said in regards to that, that they are the "angels' little cousins". Apt.

Orna
Also, faeries are in fact angels themselves - just earth angels

Whoops, was distracted when I wrote this - meant to say angels of nature, or even elemental angels

Yes it is sad to see people who can not appreciate beautiful things. My mother said that Laiste looked like a Lesbian! O_o Just because she was kneeling over a bowed woman (and quite nude!) But there is so much beauty and love in these paintings. I will never understand such close-minded thinking. How hard can it be to open your eyes? But I suppose I only have my own eyes half open. There is so much more in this world to see! At least I am willing to try!

When I look at Brian Froud's paintings of the Faery, I don't get that impression of them as being demonic. Some of the "bad " faeries could give that impression but these Beings are not demons.

There are some that don't like humans-- some that are indifferent, and some that are really full of love. Your friends have to learn not to judge them.

I am a Christian- but I dont follow the religious crowds. I put all things before Jesus- to confirm if right or wrong. I also asked Him to let me meet a Faery , if they were real.

Guess what- He answered that prayer, and unexpectedly one morning- I found myself face to face with a faery-type Being in my home. She was not evil in the least-- in fact, she was very shy and yet full of peace and love.

She looked VERY much like a female version of Brian Frouds' Pixies. She did not have irises-- her eyes were all dark chocolate brown- but they were not evil at all.

That encounter really impressed my heart-- and because of a prayer that God would let me meet one of His Nature Guardians. It seems that there comes a point and time where God wants the most staunch inflexible Believer to start looking outside of the "religious box" and stop limiting Him.

There is much that religious man needs to learn-- Not everything that God created -- or all the different Beings He created before humans were created is going to be in the scriptures. I think alot of sincere Christians will be shocked to discover after thier death of the many different Dimensions our Creator made besides the Physical Dimension.

Favorite Froud Book? Faerie's Oracle

I know, my mother doesn´t like Froud much either, but tolerates my collection of Froudian prints on my wall. My friends don´t like them, when I send a faery postcard from this site they don´t open them, and one has asked me to "stop sending him trolls and goblins" sigh.

Love and Light, Genna.

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries´ Oracle

I've experienced some very similar reactions over the years to anything considered 'different' - I think that it really does come down to our (humans) innate fear of the unknown ... it's sad to think that often our first reactions are fuelled by our fears - consciously or not.

For myself I'm new to the wonderful worl of Froud but also not as I grew up with films that both Brian and Wendy have worked upon and have greatly been influenced by their artwork. I recently bought the Faery Oracle, which I have wanted for many years but never really could spare the cash ... I excidedly opened the box and started looking through the cards. Instead of being instantly in awe of their beauty I found myself disliking a lot of the images I found there - I put them back in the box, took them home and there they sat on the shelf for a few weeks. Then one day I had an urge to take them out, look at them again and to start on the lovely exercises suggested at the start of the book .... I spent many hours that first night simply staring at all the minute & very beautiful details in those pictures. I was simply amazed at the thoughts and emotions that raced through me when I really looked at each one.

Now I absolutely love them and avidly look forward to working with them as often as I can .... not to mention enjoying the fun of being 'played' with by my newly found little friends who lately can't seem to leave my hair alone or stop pulling funny faces at me :P

Sylva

Favorite Froud Book? Faery Oracle

"Now I absolutely love them and avidly look forward to working with them as often as I can .... not to mention enjoying the fun of being 'played' with by my newly found little friends who lately can't seem to leave my hair alone or stop pulling funny faces at me :P"

Isn't it cool when they play in your hair! Soemthing about pixies-- they just love horses manes and human hair--especially long hair. I know they are on my head when I can feel their energy on my scalp. A friend of mine told me in a faery reading how that's why dogs often chase after their tales- because the pixie will hang on to thier tale to get them to run in circles...lol-- the dog feels something there and tries to get at it

Favorite Froud Book? Faerie's Oracle

People are just dumb and judgemental. No one in my family or among my co-workers likes my work much, unless I make an angel, and even then they are like "she looks, I dunno..." and then something about "Pagan" or "too sexy".

My sisters won't/can't even watch Storyteller or Labrynth/DK because it gives them the creeps.

I always get some comment about breasts and how un-nesessary they are. I had one woman who literally had 5 inches (11 cm) of cleavage showing tell me I should put a top on one of my pieces.

Fortunately my wife is bi. She likes my little girls.

I guess you have to judge your audience before you share of yourself. Some people just have too many hangups. Sadly we need these little walls to keep the sheep from pooping all overs our gardens and tramping on the flowers.

Be Blessed!!

Favorite Froud Book? Bad Faeries

This is interesting. I had a horrible vision during deep meditation many years ago which I felt might be a glimpse into a past life. I was led down a long, spiraling-down, stone stairwell with crazy, seeming demonic images appearing in the walls as I was led down to a dungeon. In recent years I've come to know some of these images as similar to some of Brian's faeries. Now I understand better that we, humans, have conditioned ourselves such that pretty pkgs are necessary to sell the product. The sometimes harsh lessons that the fey have for us sometimes come in anything but. But what an excruciatingly wondrous ride! We do well to face those mostly ungrounded fears that hold us back from achieving our goals. Face the scary monster whose power is only in what we feed it (G.Hobyah!) Thanks, Brian, for so carefully and excellently listening to your muse. Absolutely life-changing.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis