World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Who's going to Faerie Con?

As I start thinking about how to set up my table for Faerie Con the reality of getting to be there all weekend for the first time is dawning on me.

So, I'm wondering how many of us will be there?

I'd love to put faces to names.

If you will be there you can find me at Toadstools N Treestump - I sell fae art dolls (and some jewelry & art).

Favorite Froud Book? Goblins

Re: Who's going to Faerie Con?

I would LOVE to come, but alas, it is not to be... this year, anyway. How I wish we could have something similar in Australia!

I'll be making an appearance!

I'll be there!

It's almost here ... I can't decide if I'm more excited or nervous.

Sarah-
I would choose excited! You'll be among all these other wonderful artists and fae lovers. I can't imagine how many good vibes there will be to soak up, new ideas and new friends to make!
I'm slightly envious of all of you that will be there!

I'll be there for the third year running! Wheeeeeeeeeee!!!

Favorite Froud Book? All of them!

So..report time!
How was faerie con? You know there are people that live vicariously through you all that get to go to these things....
(that would be me!)

Faerie Con was fabulous!!! I had a great time, I even managed to make some money. It was an expensive event to sign up for (especially since I bought the promo package this year). But I made enough to cover next year's fee and have already registered my table for next year!

I had a short chat with Toby (he looked a little dazed and was staring off into space in the general direction of my table - so I asked him if he'd gotten any sleep last night? Last night being the Good Faeries Ball. He grinned a bit ruefully and said "not much" and that he'd eventually said "enough" and took himself off to bed, but confessed that he did that about 3 hours later than he should have.

My kids had a short chat with him when they were getting pictures taken with him. He asked them if they'd been there all weekend. My daughter explained that she was in marching band and had a football game to play at. Toby asked if they won and then teased her for not knowing/remembering who had won the game. She did work it out but not until after Toby and my son had a good chuckle together.

Most of the merchants were really cool, nice and creative people. Though the booth directly across from me had 2 people working it they never made eye contact with me all weekend. Even when I was in their booth and asking a direct question about the price of an item. But in general almost everyone seemed really cool, and seemed to have come from all over the place, the tables next to me came in from North Carolina, and Arizona, one booth over drove to Maryland from Texas.

I got to hug Mark Lewis (the Emcee for the weekend and one of the voices you hear plugging Faerie Radio) several times. He even stopped by my table to say good by at the end of the day on Sunday! He's a really nice guy. Come to think of it, everyone I interacted with from the staff end of things were really super nice.

From the working side of my table I had a wonderful view up and down the hallway of all the incredible costumes and nifty things people had purchased. We (the merchants in the hallway just off the ballroom) found out that we "got to" stay open in the evenings during the balls. We did not have to stay open, we could have draped our tables and trusted to providence that nothing would happen to them in our absence. But most of us stayed open. I think the only merchants that made many sales during the balls were the people selling things that people could wear - especially if it enhanced someones costume that night.

Despite the fact that my work is compeletely different from Wendy's I was very gratified to hear a couple of comparisons between her work and mine. A couple of my dolls were described as "gelfling like" which as kind of cool.

I can't share it publicly yet, but the highlight of my weekend may mean a slightly higher level of involvement in next year's Faerie Con. I can't wait for next year.

I have a couple of pictures on my blog if anyone wants to look. The first few are my table set up, but at the bottom of that post are a few of other attendees.
http://toadstoolsntreestump.blogspot.com/

yay! I'm glad you had such a great time Sarah! It sounds like magic. I'd really like to go to one of the events that are advertised on this site...some year, maybe when I'm rich...

I have some pictures up!

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_FC/

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_FC/Friday/

Hiya Pyrian,

Thanks for the link to your photos of Faerycon. Some amazing costumes as always. Was that you in the chain mail?

I hope all is happy and well with you.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for the low down on how it went at Faerie con. It is always great to hear what it was like. Being on the other side of the world it is not very likely I will ever get to go but reading someone else's experiences gives me a sense of what it would be like. Sounds like you had some fun :)

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Spriggan
Was that you in the chain mail?

Indeed! Tink actually made the arm pieces for me. I'm also in the leaf-armor:

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_FC/?action=view¤t=FC2009_Pre02.jpg

Even MORE Pictures

I've got my Saturday night pictures up now. It's the BAD Faeries ball!

http://s32.photobucket.com/albums/d3/Pyrian/Party/2009_FC/Saturday/

Hiya Pyrian

Cool! Great costumes! Tink did a great job with the arm pieces. Thanks for posting the Bad Faery Ball photos, looks like people had a great time. We should have a Good/Bad Faery Ball in Australia, no harm in dreaming....

Very best wishes

Spriggan

Yay, the girl with the wiry little hands bends steel! *stretch, stretch* never again. I plan on trying my hand at aluminum, though. I don't know about anybody else who was just standing around instead of dancing but _we_ had fun!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis