World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
are fairies real?

would you notice a fairy if you were to see one in front of you?

Re: are fairies real?

jayjay
would you notice a fairy if you were to see one in front of you?

Interesting question, however personally I do not think everyone has the ability to see them, even those who believe. I believe it depends on our own natural gifts, do we see, hear, sense them etc. Personally, I tend to sense things more easily than the others, however my left ear does ring occasionally, which I believe has something to do with my psychic side opening up, but also someone (angels, guides etc) whispering something in my ear.

Well a few of us, believe it or not, were blessed to see them- close up . Normally we humans can't see them. I can't see them as some can-- but one morning on May 31, 2008- I found myself looking face to face with a faery in shock. In my bathroom I was looking through some sections of my hair-- daydreaming and depressed over a famly argument the day before. This Being was looking at me with empathy through a section of my hair!. She looked very very similar to Brian's painting of pixies-- only she wasn't as wiry looking or bratty- she looked very noble- yet innocent and shy. She eventually realized I was able to see her, and she got a look on her face like, "uh oh, she sees me, I better dissapear. With that, she dissapeared, but I left that bathroom with a glow in my heart and a smile on my face!

Since then I've scoured the internet searching for other people's modern day encounters.

Favorite Froud Book? Faerie's Oracle

I think a lot of that would depend on if the faerie wanted to be seen or not. I've seen them around...they usually avoid being right in front of your face. Mostly I catch them out of the corners of my eyes or behind other things. Places that it is easy for my logical mind to dismiss them as figments of my imagination.

Maybe the reason the faerie I encountered was looking at me so closely was because I normally can't see them- and they , no doubt, realize that. When she saw that I temporarily was able to see her--she did have an uncomfortable look on her face like "uh oh-- better make myself invisible" and then she did disapear right there.. But seeing her changed my life and was a great encouragement for me. I now know they are truly real Beings and I don't feel alone anymore-

When she was looking at me, she had a light in her eyes, as though she was feeling my emotional pain -- because that weekend our family had a little negative drama happening then. Her eyes were all dark chocolate brown - no irises, yet she was beautiful and positive. I got the impression from encountering her, that it was not her intention to call attention to herself. She just felt bad for me and must have felt the sudden negativity in our home.

Favorite Froud Book? Faerie's Oracle

I know there are fairies, trolls, gnomes etc, but unfortunately havent much got to see them. I have though a good friend who has the ability to sometimes see them and talk to them. The reason why they cant come through easily I dont know, believe its natural for humans to have contact with them from when we are born, but somehow are disabled from the communication, which makes me sad:( Also I believe there are too much around us that hurt them if they showed themselves all the time. They should not need to be afraid, cause this is their planet, were only animals living here for some time.

However, I can sense them through when I paint, which I do together with them, as best as we can. I then just try to relax and do not try to think out what to paint before, just let the brush, crayon or whatever paintmedium we choose, walk over the paper surface. When I feel happy feelings, I know they are having fun together with me. The same can you do "jayjay", just buy some oil pastels (which I love) and just have fun, and they will come through.

Personally i don't have the gift to see them, except the occasional flahs in the corner of my eye or a sound i'm not used to. But i'm accustomed to my environment so i think i would see a faerie seeing as it is strange to your senses. It's something that you KNOW in your mind that it does not "belong" there.
I'd hope i ever get the chance yeah, but i'm content with believing :)

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis