World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Attn: Fiona or whoever...

I just wanted to let you know that my computer warns me about some malware on the WOF site. Not sure what that would be...but I wanted to let someone know! I'm bummed that I don't feel OK accessing it anymore.
Hopefully someone can figure it out.

Re: Attn: Fiona or whoever...

When I go to the start page where there is the large (beautiful) image a different website from WoF (some Russian site called deth-test or something) appears on my status bar for a few moments, and my protection software blocks something. I Googled the website and it brought up this information about it being malware:

http://safebrowsing.clients.google.com/safebrowsing/diagnostic?site=deth-test.ru

I also don't feel safe on the site anymore, and I was wondering if it is still safe to receive the WoF newsletter? That way, I can still get news and updates on what's happening with the Frouds.

Hiya Laiste and Cori,

Could this be part of the reason why it has been so quiet around here? I hope the problem is sorted and you both stay.

Much love

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan-
It doesn't seem to be affecting the forum here, just the WOF webpage itself and it may be fixed by now...I hope so. I have a Mac so I'm not too worried, but I feel like it's better not to play with fire, and I really understand so little about things like this.
It could be why things are quiet on the forum...it could also be that everyone is busy and the Frouds haven't released a new book recently (I've noticed that things tend to get exciting right after a new book, video, cards etc.)
But I hope things start up here again!

Hiya Laiste,

I'm glad to hear that it is not affecting the forum,yay! I got worried that you and Cori may leave . I hope the problem with the WOF website gets resolved soon. I usually just visit it to read Wendy's messages unless there is some kind of new release.

Speaking of new releases. I wonder if Ari and Brian are still working on the Runes of Elfland Cards? Has anyone heard anymore about them? Thinking about it, it could have been years since there has been talk about them... Time goes so quickly.

I too hope that the forum becomes more lively again.

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Hi Guys!

Yes, those bad fairies were having a field day on Halloween! But please be assured, they have been driven away and should not come back again!

This issue was solely on the main World of Froud entry page- it had not affected any other part of the website or the forums or mailing list.

Sorry for the worry and inconvenience this has caused!

Blessings,

Fiona

Hi Fiona,

Thank you

Many Blessings

Spriggan

Thanks for addressing this, Fiona!

Thank you Fiona and everyone else that banished those bad faeries!
It's good to know they are gone.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis