World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Hi...I'm new to this party....

hellooo,

I live in rural Kent, England. I love the Frouds, Charles de Lint, Holly Black, Terri Windling and Robert Holdstock. Ive been reading them for years and I'm pleased to have discovered this site even though I'm nearing crone status in life.

I think I have a hob in my house, movement out of the corner of my eye, things not where I left them, etc.He's often on the stairs or peering round the top of the stairs, or loitering by our sitting room door, though last night he was sitting by the fire. Any tips to make him less shy? I always greet him when I come home and say goodbye when I leave.

Oh yes, and thanks for the reading tips too. Hope I can get them in the UK

Favorite Froud Book? Good fairies, bad fairies

Re: Hi...I'm new to this party....

Welcome!

From one near crone to another. :)

I have no advice on making your Hob more comfortable or less shy, I'm actually a bit jealous the only things I see from the corner of my eye here is field mice.

But I hope you settle in here!

Sarah

Favorite Froud Book? Goblins

Hi Sarah,

I've had field mice in the house too, so pretty but they chewed my cushions. They had to leave via humane traps and were carried to the fields, though I think they scampered back and are now in residence in one of the outhouses

Where do you live?

Favorite Froud Book? Good fairies, bad fairies

Hi,

I think we'd find the field mice cute IF they were not trying to eat our stuff and leaving little poos everywhere.

Anyway, I'm in Delaware.
Sarah

Ooops, Delaware is on the East coast of the USA.

Hello and Welcome!
(I tried to post this yesterday but some little goblin was making my computer act up so I took the hint and left my computer screen for awhile.)

It seems like you will fit right in here with your taste in authors! It's always fun to meet a kindred spirit!

I have no real suggestions on the hob, you are doing everything I would. Give it time, and maybe it will allow itself to be seen.
Maybe on one of the "power days" (Imbolc, Beltaine, etc or the solstice/equinoxs). I often see more around those times since the veil is thinner and they are more active.

Oh and I'm currently living in the extreme northern coast of California (almost to Oregon). It's another faerie infested place

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Lovely to meet you, Joannie Tree! x

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis