World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
OT - Question about crystals (reposting per originator request)

Spriggan Mar 4, 2010 - 8:42PM

Hi all,

I was just speaking to my neighbor and he brought up an interesting question. How were the healing properties of crystals determined? Who worked out what each of the crystals could do to benefit body and mind?

I didn't have an answer. What do you guys think?

Wishes of the very best kind,

Spriggan
Laiste Mar 9, 2010 - 8:25AM

spriggan

I don't know for sure...but I did know a woman that calls herself a stone intuitive. and if you blindfold her and give her a stone (like rose quartz) she will almost always nail it on what it's properties are. I've wanted to bring her stones that I pick up on the beach and see what they are meant for (why I was drawn to pick them up)

Spriggan Mar 9, 2010 - 7:42PM

Hiya Laiste,

Thanks for that. I had a feeling that the properties of crystals was determined intuitively. I think I will look into the history of healing with crystals. I'm sure it must go back a very long time.

I hope all is happy and well with you.

((hugs))

Spriggan
Laiste Mar 10, 2010 - 7:12PM

Hi Spriggan
I remember that the Shaman (women) of the Indian tribes here made crystal arrowheads/points and used them in healing ceremonies...very cool.

I think it does go back pretty far...let me know what you find out (if you feel like sharing)
Spriggan Mar 11, 2010 - 5:17PM

Hiya Laiste,

I just started reading about the history of healing with crystals and the first sentence of the article I'm reading says : "It is fair to say that as long as we have existed as a species, we have had an affinity with stones and crystals. The use of talismans and amulets dates back to the beginnings of humankind...."

It also says that the oldest amulets are made out of Baltic Amber and are around 30,000 years old!

I hope all is happy and well with you.

Luv and ((hugs))

Spriggan
Spriggan Mar 11, 2010 - 5:35PM

Hi again Laiste,

I thought you might like a link to the article. It is worth a read :)

http://www.rebel-angel.co.uk/acatalog/Crystal_History.html

((Hugs))

Spriggan
Priestess Light Mar 18, 2010 - 3:09AM

To truly know, one must be experienced and learn via a process of immersion and initiation. Sometimes the books are wrong, sometimes our teachers are wrong. The student teaches the teacher in turn because the teacher learns to teach through the process of immersion and experience in the learning process which is reciprocal. We can teach ('program') the crystals to perform certain functions, if we harmonise with their vibrations we can learn a lot.
Mystique Mar 24, 2010 - 4:27AM

I work with crystals for self healing purposes, and have also complemented crystals with reiki on friends, and have found them extremely beneficial. One aspect of crystals, that people sometimes overlook, is to take a look at the colour of the crystal, and based on the colour what chakra does that belong to (each chakra has a corresponding colour). For instance red jasper, is obviously red, which is the colour of the base chakra - one aspect of the base chakra is about grounding, which is one purpose that red jasper is excellent for. The heart chakra is either green or pink - personally I tend to opt for rose quartz here etc.

Also, just because you have read somewhere that a certain crystal is good for something does not necessarily make it so, as crystals do tune to what we need from them as well.
Spriggan Mar 24, 2010 - 4:38AM

Hi Mystique,

That is a great point about the colour of the crystal having an impact or influence on it's healing properties, it makes a lot of sense. It is interesting looking at the connection between humans and crystals :)

Also.... Hi there to Priestess Light, thanks for the info

Wishes of the very best kind

Spriggan

Re: OT - Question about crystals (reposting per originator request)

It's an interesting question.

In my family we have a lot of people who work with stones and crystals. I have an amazing aunt who can do the blindfold thing - she smells stones and can tell you what they are. I also have FGAs in the family who can microscope stones and identify gemstones that way etc. I've been working with the Preseli Bluestones (website is at www.stonehengestones.com - ethically sourced) for some years now - they're an old stone (millions of years old) that have been rediscovered. They are the original stones at the heart of Stonehenge.

My attitude to crystals is to work with them yourself and use your own intuition and observations initially.

Re: OT - Question about crystals (reposting per originator request)

Hi Lizzi,

Wow! That is an amazing skill your aunty has, incredible.

I agree with you that when you start working with crystals your own intuition and connection with the stones is what should guide you.

Very best wishes

Spriggan

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis