World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ren Con was fabulous!

If you ever get a chance to attend Faerie Con or Ren Con I hope you take it up!

Ren Con was much smaller than Faerie Con was, in part because they only had about 4 months to put it together. (Renn Magazine asked the Faerie Worlds folks to team up with them after Faerie Con to put this all together.) It was more intimate than Ren Con but the energy was there, the sense of fae and community was there in spades.

I been a day tripper and have had a table as a vendor at Faerie Con but was a volunteer staff member at Ren Con. So I've seen some of these events from a variety of angles now. Each year I feel more a part of the community and more of the magic.

Mark Lewis (storyteller) and Billy Scudder (Green man and Harlequin) added a layer of wonder and enchantment that are just fabulous. This year I actually got to spend time with them and they are as warm and wonderful one and one as they are spellbinding and whimsical from stage.

I'm gushing I know but that's how I'm feeling at the moment.

I also got to meet the Frouds - they signed my Heart of the Faerie Oracle and were very charming and amusing to everyone they came in contact with. Brian told an amusing anecdote to my friend Jenny and I as he signed her book, about birds and bells and inviting Fae to Toby and Sarah's wedding.

And my final duty of the weekend was to drive Caitlin Matthews and one of the members of Qntal to the airport. A job they called it when they asked me to do it, and honor it will ever be in my memory.

Anyway, if you can ever get to an even the Faerie Worlds folk organize I recommend you do so.

Favorite Froud Book? The Heart of the Faerie Oracle

Re: Ren Con was fabulous!

I'm happy you had a grand time! I keep on wanting to go to things like that, but my life gets in the way...not the right time for me I guess. I guess I will keep living vicariously thru people like you...

Much love!

Favorite Froud Book? Oracle

Glad you had a good time! ...But my heart is with Faerieworlds, not least because it's held outdoors in a beautiful part of Oregon!

I have been lurking around here for a while. I hav enot been sure what to say of if I belonged here exactly. I am an atrist and sculptor and was lucky enough to attend Rencon and met Brian and Wendy. I am painfully shy in person. I suffer from social anxiety, bad. I get goofy, babble, giggle and then the panic, and inevitable flight. FOr the first time in many years I managed to at least get my mouth to function long enough to say hello and to purchase a few items and have them signed. Of course when Brian was signing them he drew these little characters on each one and in the process missed one and I had to go back in and have him sign the last one. Thankfully Wendy saw me and asked if I need something else and took them over to him for me and told him he had to sign the last one. It was a good thing because I was almost unable to speak after my second panic attack of the day. I was already in the car and leaving when I saw the 4th picture was not signed I had to push myself hard to go back in. I did have a good time I just wish it was not so hard for me to talk to people face to face.

Favorite Froud Book? Labrynth

Linda,

I'm shy too, though not nearly to the same extreme as you. In fact I opted to be a volunteer at Ren Con to push myself to speak to people. I'm much better if I'm doing a job, than if I'm just wandering on my own. Parties freak me out, unless I have a job - let me be in charge of filling the chip bowls or something and I can ease in a bit.

If you are headed to Faerie Con feel free to come hang out at my table; you can be silent as long as you want. I won't mind or criticize. If you are going to Ren Con again I will either be a vendor or a volunteer there maybe we can connect then.

Sarah

Favorite Froud Book? The Heart of the Faerie Oracle

Yay sarah thanks alot for the good words about our events! I hope I get to meet you someday if you continue to volunteer for us :)
And Linda, good for you for being brave and pushing past your fears, I hope it was a rewarding experience for you as well...

many blessings all!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis