World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
In the words of Bjork..."It's oh so quiet..."

Hi all,

Where is everyone. It's been so quiet here for the last few days...

How are you all?

I finally had a go at making a figure from the Wendy Froud DVD on making a Faery Figure. Although I didn't make a faery in the end and only made a bust, which I used as an example of my work to apply for a scholarship at a sculpture school. I am happy to say that I won the scholarship and I owe thanks to Wendy Froud, I'm sure I wouldn't have done so well without the guidance of her DVD.

I hope life is bringing everyone much happiness.

(((((HUGS))))))

Spriggan

Re: In the words of Bjork..."It's oh so quiet..."

Congratulations, Spriggan! I pop in every once in a while to see what's going on, but there hasn't been much activity.

Love you all!

Cori

It has been very quiet, and very busy on my end.

In a nutshell, I am just back from chaperoning 80 or so kids to a 4 day drumline, jazz, colorguard competition at the beach, I've been elected music booster president (the transition takes place at the next meeting so there's lots to get up to speed on), and my kids concerts were last week and last night & they are approaching finals. I've started a facebook fan page and facebook often does not work or play well with my computer. I think my record is 8 hours to get one photo to load. I'm working on a new batch of wearable dragons (nearly 2 dozen wrist dragons in progress, and prototypes for neck dragons and ponytail/pin dragons.)

Oh, and I have to come up with a syllabus for sumer art classes that will be starting in a month and without a list of projects I can't buy my supplies...

I think that's most of what's going on here.

Favorite Froud Book? The Heart of the Faerie Oracle

Hi Cori and Sarah

Thanks for the congrats Cori . The course has been much more challenging than I thought it would be but it is interesting. How are things with you?

Wow Sarah! It sounds like being busy is an understatement! I would love to see your wearable dragons do you have any pics online?

I hope you are both happy and well.

((((Hugs))))

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan et al!
I've been preoccupied and away from my computer due to my mom passing away earlier this month. I'm back now and trying to get back to some sense of normalcy back in my life.
Hope all is well with everyone else!
Sarah..don't overload yourself with work!
Spriggan...belated congratulations!

Hi Laiste,

Welcome back

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. My mother passed away very suddenly nearly four years ago, my heart goes out to you and your family. Sending you a big . If you ever want to talk about it I am very happy to listen. I found it helped talking about it. Do you remember No One Particular? He used to be a regular here, he really helped me to deal with my mom's loss.

Lots of love

Spriggan

Hi Spriggan
Thank you for the offer. I may take you up on it in the future.
I do remember No One...he was/is a good person (this forum seems to attract them).
I do have an amazing support network of friends locally, as well as my "spirit guides" that have all helped me thru rough spots before. But I know mom stuff can be "sticky". I'm facing it head on as much as possible. I did that thru most of her sickness and it helped a lot in the end.

Hiya Laiste,

I'm so glad to hear that you have a good support network , Yay! It does make a difference. Sending you more 's.

Lots of luv

Spriggan

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis