World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Faerie Guide? Question about the Faeries' Oracle

So I may have done it wrong (haha), but I've started working with the Faeries' Oracle deck (I had the choice between this one and the new one, but this one spoke to me more--and I've wanted to work with it directly for years!), and one of the first things I did was open it and look at the cards. When I came to the Faerie Guide card, I figured that what I was supposed to do was look INTO the card and see who was there, so I did.

But the faerie I saw there, I've never seen before! It was a very vague picture; she didn't show up very well, but I did get a few very strong impressions of her: 1) being that she was female; 2) she had a longer, triangular face like a fox; 3) she had maybe chin-length hair like grass; 4) she had markings kind of like a raccoon's that winged up toward her temples, but they weren't black, just darker green than the rest of her. The whole card had a very green-colored look to it, and when I looked through the rest of the deck, the only one that reminded me of her even a little bit was the Singer of Intuition, but they very clearly weren't the same.

Does anyone recognize her? Is she in another deck, maybe?

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Re: Faerie Guide? Question about the Faeries' Oracle

Hi there,

Do you have the Brian Froud book "Good Faeries/Bad Faeries"? There are a few in there that sound similar to the faery that you've described, but I haven't found anything exactly like your Faerie Guide. From memory I think your Faery Guide and the meaning of the card is to come from your own intuition? Is that right?

Good luck!

Best wishes

Spriggan

Re: Faerie Guide? Question about the Faeries' Oracle

I think Spriggan is correct...the faerie guide is your guide. She's not one of Brian's Faeries, she's yours. Follow your inner guidance/intuition on what/who she is...don't look for outside confirmation on it. Don't worry it'll be OK!
LOL
I left that card blank and look thru it (much like you did) everytime it comes up...I often get different fae. Sometimes I'm drawn to pull some other cards to show me what/who the guide is...play with it some....there is no "right" or "wrong" way here..it's faerieland.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis