World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Looking for a reference

Let me begin with this: has anyone here ever heard The Piper before? I ask because I know that I have--several times, in fact, and in different locations. I know that that is who I heard, and I know that he is real.

My problem is that I can't find any reference in writing to him! I would think that for such a distinctive faerie he should have a wealth of information about him, or at least stories about others hearing him, but I can't find any! I remember reading one a long time ago, but I can't for the life of me remember where.

Does anyone have any stories/references to The Piper? I'm trying to convince a friend that he is real, but right now have nothing more than the memory of his song to go by. A little corroborating evidence would do a world of good to my case!

Re: Looking for a reference

I should specify that I'm not looking for fiction. I know he's a character in Tam Lin and in Maggie Stiefvater's books about the faeries, but I'm looking more for a historical/anthropological source (and personal experiences, of course!)

LOL I think some fey don't like things written about them...I've heard music on the air in the past, possibly from the piper...If I were him I'd avoid being written about and rather have the music tell my tale...trying to prove to unbelievers that they are real is an exercise in futility (in my experience at least). So I just treasure my moments of magic close to my heart and share them with a few special people that understand.
Blessings and much luck to you!

I agree with Laiste, some fairies just prefer not to be written about - the piper may feel that his music is enough.

Listen to it with your heart not your head and you'll find the message he's sending you. ;)If you're at all musical or creative, he may just be providing you with some inspiration and encouragement.

Dragonfly

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis