World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Unnamed cards in The Heart of Faerie oracle

I've noticed there are three unnamed cards in the deck. How should I interpret them?

Favorite Froud Book? Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book

Re: Unnamed cards in The Heart of Faerie oracle

I've been wondering the same thing.

Favorite Froud Book? The Heart of the Faerie Oracle

The blank/unnamed cards are for your personal fairy. Until your fae makes themselves known, just take the card out of the deck. I'm sure this is mentioned in the front of the book. It is, in the original oracle. :) I hope this helps.

Sincerely,
Dragonfly

They're not blank, just unnamed. I'm talking about the Heart of the Fairy Oracle, not the first deck.

Thank you anyway ^^

Favorite Froud Book? Lady Cottington's Pressed Fairy Book

Oops... sorry. don't have the new deck yet *drools*wants* lol!

But maybe the unnamed fairies just don't want to be named. There's much power in a name. :)

BTW, are there meanings listed for these unnamed fae? just curious. :)

Alas there is no information on the unnamed fae cards, they are mentioned asa being there but no more.

Favorite Froud Book? The Heart of the Faerie Oracle

I remember untitled work being brought up to Brian one time (I think it was at a Book Signing where he read from his book/took questions) and I believe his response was: "Well... they haven't shared their name with me yet..." You know the old saying about sharing one's name (giving someone your name is powerful to who they give the name to, something like that).. maybe that's why they haven't told Brian and Wendy yet! :)

I just got this deck and I see the cards...I think they can be used as a tool to wean yourself from the book. When I look at them I get very personal messages (esp the mushroom guys..LOL the fun g(i)uys!). They could be your own personal doors to Faerie...
It is a very faerie sort of thing that Wendy did with them, it's only your human side that is worried about "figuring it out"...I say figure it out on your own there is no wrong way!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis