World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Signature for my son

Hi all,
This is my first post and i'm looking for some advice please.

Being a fan of BF since reading Lady Cottingtons and watching The Dark Crystal when it was first released (yes i'm that old), i was very fortunate to obtain a first edition hardback of the World of the Dark Crystal book - if you haven't seen it, i would strongly recommend this beautiful book. I want to leave this for my son, Finlay, who is only 9 months old now but, i hope, will become a huge fan too. I would love to get it autographed by Brian Froud himself.

I have looked at the possibility of going along to some engagements, but I live in Wales in the UK, and most of his engagements seem to be elsewhere in the world. I don't think he has any others here this year at least.

Does anyone have any advice?

Regards,

Pas.

Favorite Froud Book? The World of the Dark Crystal

Re: Signature for my son

He's not far from you Pas , just down south there in cornwall. You should take a long slow drive one day, take in some of the art galleries and see if you can't look him up. I was over there in 1997 (long time back now.. I am from Australia, haven't made it back since ) and I meandered in that direction, but unfortunately just missed him as he had left for northern england for some function or other. You know the wonderful Allan Lee lives down there too... the people are so lovely and I'm sure if you asked around over a cup of tea you might be able to solve your dilemma ( It is a beautiful book I have it too )

Anyway, don't let such a small distance stop you even if you just end up on the moors for a while, it is so so beautiful!! will be well worth it.

yarrow

Hi Yarrow and thanks for the reply. Indeed it is only a few short hours away and is part of the UK i love very much and have visited often. I can even see it across the Bristol Channel on a clear day. But he seems to spend most of his engagements in far-flung places - and i cannot blame him!!!

As charming as your suggestion is, I think I would not like to turn up uninvited. With as many admirers of his work as he has, I think he would very quickly be inundated if word got around that he welcomed visitors in such a way.

I think i shall have to wait for a closer engagement. There are many years till my son can read, so there is no rush.

Thanks again Yarrow.

Favorite Froud Book? The World of the Dark Crystal

That's ok Pas, I just remember how welcoming all the people down there were. And I should have said Devon... not Cornwall... I met a lovely lady running an outdoor gallery with a show on with one of Wendy's sculptures, we got to talking about art and the frouds and so on and she said " hang on I'll just pop inside and give em a call for you..." I was so surprised, obviously didn't work out as I said previously, but there you go... you never know till you give it a go I guess.

But you are right too Pas, they probably don't really need any extra attention....maybe , however, you could mail your copy to them with a self adressed envelope inside with the request of an autograph??

Anyway... just got me reminiscing about the beautiful journey I had in your wonderful history soaked country... thanks for the memories, hall have a cup of tea and a biscuit, close my eyes and pretend I'm sitting in the old dwarf oak forest on the moor mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

yarrow

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis