World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sorry, this isnt anything faeryish. But I need some advise.

I have a boyfriend of nearly 7 month (officially), but it's been longer for about a year.
Now we have moved in together, and I have now gone back to my parents house to see them for a month or so.

Today, my mother woke me up with I have to find a job and that my boyfriend is coing down. I didn't understand - I thought I was going back up? No.

I found out that he booked some tickets BACK to my parents for my father's birthday.

This whole situation got a bit silly, I was upset with my mum telling my bf secret and she kept saying how she disapproves of him.

If you don't understand, I understand.

Now, I understand that what mum is saying that I need a job to pay for my house, yes.
But, when I rung my bf up or rung me back? He said I am pretty selfish and spoilt and didn't appricite what he had done for me. Instead of being grateful, I woke him up just asking what was going on and didn't say thank you.

I'm not explaining this very well. I just wanted to understand if I have been in the wrong for both sides. I always seem to be in trouble with him now.

He's 19 and started working and i am 21 and one more year at Uni.
I cant think. at all.

I am sorry.
if you dont understand, someone say, then I'll ask for this to be deleted.
-xXXX@XXXx-

Favorite Froud Book? all of them

Re: Sorry, this isnt anything faeryish. But I need some advise.

I have no words, but just wanted to say feel free to post for support if you do need it, and hope things have improved since you posted this. Relationships can be challenging at the best of times, but it is through relationships we learn more about ourselves IMHO.

Love and light.

Thank you. It has thankfully, with persistance. For now, we are okay. we Are happy I'm glad to say. we are good. Thank you for replying anyway!

-xXXX@XXXx-

well i will say something about the word gothic having been there myself. it has something to do with not having a strong sense of who you are. and also it has very much to do with being visual. why do you think that is? i have learned the hard way that loose comfy earth tone color clothes have a very nice effect! and personally again the hard way i had to learn that i am not mysterious i am not special and the only thing dark about me was my foggy insight and perception of reality!

wow, fair enough. I too WAS Gothic, I kept the name as thats what people on here knew me by and also I haven't been able to find a new name.
I go very earthy too! if not try to be very bright.
I work backstage alot, so I keep that dark theme.
Completely different to how I used to be.
I have a name I do like, I came up with it when I decided to have a faery clan. I was 15-16 then. (I became a Froudian when I was 14 as a Goth.) However, I want to use that name for my (possibly) performing arts Company. Though, we shall see where life takes me first. :)

-xXXX@XXXx-

you know something i have realized tho is that when you mixx all the other colors together in art class it turns black! i have found that very interesting. ^^

oh yea and names! i constantly as som sorta compulsive 'disorder' change my email because i feel like i need a new name! names are important to me. i also find it curious that i have a complex with opposites. my favorite character in a movie is always (especially anime) the most lighthearted carefree one and the dark mysterious one! i could never pick.

Well the only thing I can say is to explain you're point of view, and confusion to both sides.

Explain to the boyfriend that not everything goes smoothly, all couples have fights but that just makes them stronger.

You're mom ALWAYS has the best intentions for you.
If she disapproves of you're boyfriend she might think something along the lines of "you're too good for him."
All moms do that. Like seriously.
BUT! Explain to her what he means to you and hopefully get her to understand.

That's all the advice I can give.
Good luck.

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis