World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Q about Heart of Faerie Oracle

I just bought the Heart of Faerie Oracle and have found that there are 3 cards which are not numbered and, though, I've read the entire companion book, I haven't found them mentioned.

Any help?

Re: Q about Heart of Faerie Oracle

Are these cards completely blank or do they have pictures on them (even if not numbered)

I've been using the Heart of the Faerie Oracle since Faerie Con in November. I generally just pull a single card in the morning as a good way to put my day in perspective.

There are 3 cards with images but no text to refer to when they come up in a reading. I heard that Wendy was asked what those 3 cards mean and she indicated they were open to the intrepretation of each obserever.

I know some people who have just pulled those cards out of the deck. But, as I understand them you are supposed to observe them and interpret what ever meaning they seem to be communicating to you.

At first I just enjoyed the image and thought no more about them.moved on to pull a card to read. Now, when they come up for me (and each one has come up at least once 2 of them have appeared a few times) I usually pull a second card to help me interpret them. Some days they seem to mean one thing and other days I can't figure out how I saw what I thought I saw the first time. I figure the "mystery" cards are a flexible way for the fae to communicate their own messages.

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries Bad Faeries

Mystique, they are the cards Sarah refers to - the three with images, but no number or text related to them.

Sarah, thanks! I was thinking exactly what you said (should've said that lol) and was assuming this question had, at some point, been asked of Brian and/or Wendy, so thanks for responding!

In the Faerie Oracle, there is one blank card to draw your own interpretation/faerie, but that is explained in the book. I was surprised to find these three cards that had no mention in the book!

I've been pulling a card each day, like you. I used the previous Oracle quite a bit and while I didn't find it always very helpful, the cards ALWAYS had a sense of humor!

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis