World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need some ZZZ's

Okay, so I haven't been able to sleep well lately.
Well, more like the entire summer...

You see, when I was younger I had an intense fear of the dark. I used to imagine these monsters staring at me in the dark.

I still have that fear, or sensation of being stared at, but its less scary now.

But this summer I've become more...aware?
And I can feel them getting closer to my bed, I hate wasting energy, so I don't want to leave the TV on anymore...so other than praying the rosary until I sleep from exhaustion I don't know what to do.

I have no idea whether or not its paranormal.
I just want some ****ed sleep really...

Help? Tips? Advice?
All and any is appreciated,

Re: I need some ZZZ's

yes. relax your muscles let your mind drift and go to sleep. ;3

whether it's paranormal or your over active imagination I don't know...but here are a few things I do to help me when I get a feeling like this...
I clean my room physically. Put everything in it's place.
Then I cleanse it spiritually....depending on your circumstances there are a few ways to do this...
I prefer to burn sage and just have the scent/smoke fill the room.
If you don't want to burn sage find some chimes that resonate well and walk the perimeter of your room ringing the chimes.
As you do either or both of these visualize white light chasing away any shadows or negativity and say out loud that only things of the light (of God) are welcome in this room.
Ask for Mary's help (since you like the rosary I figure you probably have a good connection to her) or better yet Archangel Michael to protect your sleep and watch over you.
Hope this helps you!
Peace

I should also add that if these techniques don't help then it's pretty safe to assume that whatever is watching you doesn't mean you harm. Try talking to it. Ask them why they are watching you and ask if they'd mind if you slept, maybe even ask them to watch over your sleep...
often things we fear are just unknowns and are really nothing to fear.

i do no agree. those are only for your own mind. michaels and maries rather do not matter. just relax your muscles let your mind drift and sleep. no harm has come and none will. and being eccentric will not help. how much do you know about mary and michael eitherways. just really ask yourself this question. most everyday life including mind conditioning and religion is just an illusion. especially religion. remember this. and if you are having such difficulty then why not speak with the nearest faerie? do you feel that mary is any closer? and i want you to ask just who she is. could it be only a copy of ancient sumerian text? and where exactly did that come from? and before that? your heart has the answer. if you feel uncomfortable then stand up for yourself. dont forget you have guides mentors and guardians that you cannot see but certainly exist otherwise youd have become eaten long ago!!

laiste says you should communicate but i realize you cannot other-wise you would have already. but i agree with her that you should. and if you cannot... just. relax your muscles. relax your mind. drift off away to sleepy land. has harm come? no. and none will. goodnight! ^^

Yes sage tea is good becasue if you drink it before dreaming the shaddows will take more digestible forms in your dreams helping the subconcious know what they are. Darkness can be healing and safe like the night sky or the deep clear ocean, dark and magnificent, rich and healing like molasses.

I light a candle in front of a mirror and that has helped me sleep when I've been afraid. Some tea light candles burn for hours and hours and are quite safe in the right holder.

There is a primal fear of the unknown at work, and when we confront the unknown , then we can know and feel safe. Do you keep a book of shadows? Might be a good idea for you.

Best of luck,

Wishing you pleasant dreams and safe spaces. -Priestess Light.

Favorite Froud Book? Runes of Elfland

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis