World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
movie

I heard that Goblins is becoming a Walt Disney film and Brian Froud going to help with the film, but their still writing the script, still not finished. I hope it will be great, amazing, magnificent, and awesome. Do you have any ideas who will be the cast and director, and what the film going to be like, I like to hear your guys theories. Thanks Froudians, from Rylie.

Favorite Froud Book? All froud books

Re: movie

This is just my opinion...

Disney is incapable of any type of artistic complexity, and would, in my opinion water down the Frouds' work into shallow, formulaic crap in order to appeal to the idiot masses. I would love a Goblins! film--just not one done by Disney. Get someone like Terry Gilliam or Guiermo del Toro to direct it and a company like Focus Features to distribute it, and it may just do their art justice.

I completely agree Cori....

Maybe give it to Ghibli Studios and let them lend it a beautiful japanese elegance.

But Disney... NO NO NO !

yarrow

Cori
This is just my opinion...

Disney is incapable of any type of artistic complexity, and would, in my opinion water down the Frouds' work into shallow, formulaic crap in order to appeal to the idiot masses. I would love a Goblins! film--just not one done by Disney. Get someone like Terry Gilliam or Guiermo del Toro to direct it and a company like Focus Features to distribute it, and it may just do their art justice.

Hey I just read that Guiermo del Toro is working with Disney to make a new Haunted Mansion movie... so maybe Disney might not be so bad? I guess time will tell! I'd think that if del Toro's vision is fully represented- and he walks away happy to work with Disney- with this Haunted Mansion movie and we still see del Toro within this movie that would be a good indicator (to me anyway) that Disney would not water down Goblins!

I did read somewhere that Disney is trying to change their non-kid movies to be more 'non-kid' and collaborates with outside Disney folks so maybe Disney may be OK? Don't know. I share your concern though! I'd hate to have watered down Froud. I'd rather it be an exaggeration of the goblin characteristics than a watered down version. Although there is a LOT of humour with the Goblins! book and I do think Disney does good with mixing humour and fantasy.

Let's just hope for the best!!

Thanks Missy, a Japeneese verzion does not mix in well, I heard of it on FaerieWorlds 2010 guest page, that he going to do conceptunal designs for it, and did say that disney going to a movie out of it,so it may work out or not, , for the best of luck, I hope you like the reply. Like Disney did alot on tales from the Brothers Grimm book. So long from froudfan.

Favorite Froud Book? All of them

I was checking for Guiermo del Toro, he didn't said any plans for a Goblins film. So not him I guess, maybe another director had the idea of it. Let just hope for the best.

Favorite Froud Book? Every one of them

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis