World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I met Wendy Froud at Faeriecon 2010

So, we jumped in the car with my buddy Monika Ptok-Byard and her husband Aaron, and off we went on a 9 hour drive to Baltimore Maryland to Faeriecon 2010.

It was lovely.

Many many talented artists were there with their craft displayed and for sale. I got to see them all and even buy a few things! I didn't attend any of the workshops, since our time was limited. My partner and Monika's partner, were both interested in going to the Smithsonian in Washington (an hour ana half drive or so), and well they deserved it for putting up with our faery interests :) So we spent most of Saturday there

Two highlight's of my Faerieson visit:

-Attending the Bad Faery Ball and wearing my tricked out long coated, antler sporting, green sprouting, tail waving, foppish, bowed, ruffled, brass buttoned, costumed. I was not used to getting people wanting to take my picture and hence a little shell shocked. The live music by Faun ROCKED the place like crazy.

-Going to the World of Froud booth, where I met Wendy Froud and bought one of her sneezle-like dolls. Can you believe that both she and Brian had originals there for sale as low as $200 US !!? I bought my little guy for $350. I named him Tohany (pron. tony).

Best of all, I experienced the warmth of Wendy's personality. I was quite nervous inside, but managed to speak for most of us by saying how much of an inspiration she is. I probably said a lot of other silly things, but truly I can't remember them. Later, on the last day, she allowed me a photo with her despite being swamped with sales and other fans wanting the same.

I'll post a link to pictures later if I can :)

-Whystler

Re: I met Wendy Froud at Faeriecon 2010

It was amazing to see Wendy Froud, it was a faboulous experience for you. I hope your life wil be great with sunshine, and love.

Favorite Froud Book? Every one of their magical work

She is such a lovely person!!! I got to speak with her at RennCon in the spring & she was sitting at the table next to us on Saturday night at dinner.

I wish I'd known that you were in this group, I had a booth at Faerie Con & I would have loved to have a chat. Oh well, maybe next year.

Sarah

Favorite Froud Book? Goblins

Hey Sarah, which booth were you?

-Whystler

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis