World of Froud Message Forum

World of Froud

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!

This forum is meant for all ages so please keep this in mind when you make your posts! Make sure you list your name (or nickname) when posting a reply or new message! Faery blessings!

The World of Froud™ Staff

Welcome to the Froudian Message Forum!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
queen of faery

Hi there faerie people,
I love the faeries. I like to dream that the queen of faery might appear to me in a dream as she did to alan lee and thoughts of winning a faery princess. does anybody know anything about faeries who are condemned to live a mortal life on earth and the true origin of faeries.
LOVE JAMES

Favorite Froud Book? Faeries

Re: queen of faery

Hi James!

Everyone has their own idea of what the realm of faerie is and how it came to be, but my view is:

Faeries are thought forms that exist because we think about them. If you take that sentence at face value, you might think I'm saying that faeries exist only in our imaginations, and this is not what I think at all.

There is great power in the creativity of our thoughts and dreams, and it is, in "part", from this power that the faerie are born. The other "part", I believe comes from nature itself.

Since there are no direct means by which we can communicate with the vast majority of the natural world, I believe the faerie are a manifestation of this. Think of it as a meeting of minds .. perhaps more like souls, if you will. When a seemingly unbrained thing meets a brained thing, there is an interaction within our thought processes. These thoughts take the faerie form that our brains tell us to see.

This doesn't make faerie any less of a thing or entity. But truly, I think it's an ingenious way of communicating!

-Whystler

Hello Wystler [and James]

Wystler,

I think your explanation of 'contact with fairy' is beautiful and quite akin to my own way of thinking. My own approach to understanding and communication with fairy takes effort and a creative spirit. It is not simple, clear, or absolute. The desire to more deeply feel the miracle of nature is enhanced with a spirituality that does not have convenient answers for everything.

I would like to share this poem with you, which I wrote after my very first fairy festival at Spoutwood Farm, PA. It may [or may not?] agree with some of your sentiment.

http://fairypoet.com/finding-fae-at-spoutwood-farm.html

Fairy Regards,
Theo

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries, Bad Faeries

I'm sorry... I mean Whystler

Favorite Froud Book? Good Faeries, Bad Faeries

WOF Member Sign-In -- Terms of Use -- Copyrights -- WOF Banners -- Contact WOF -- Problems with website?

World of Froud ® is a trademark of Brian and Wendy Froud/Artwork © Brian, Wendy and Toby Froud

Fionaurora Productions designs & maintains the
World of Froud website:1998-2009- All rights reserved

World of Froud website is produced by Imaginosis
World of Froud is © Imaginosis